Meet The Locals
With this tour you will have the chance to go back in time and taste the typical Bulgarian cuisine, wine and famous hospitality. For this experience and atmosphere Melnik and Razlog valley will help with there authentic architecture, appearance and the people who you will meet with and be your hosts.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Overnight accommodation in Razlog Valley
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and Hotel drop-off
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Day 1
• After a 2 hour drive we will reach the most visited UNESCO site in Bulgaria - the Rila Monastery. Our visit there takes 2 hours, admiring beautiful frescoes and wonderful mountain landscape as a background.
• Then we go to try the local specialty fresh grilled trout. After the delicious meal we have another 1 h 20 min digestive drive to a small village in Razlog Valley where we will meet a local family and check-in in their own house.
• In the evening our hosts will show how they prepare their food, how they live and have fun (singing and dancing). They will serve you home made food and a glass of rakia (grape brandy) to welcome you and invite you to join their dances.
• In the morning after a nice breakfast we say good bye to our hosts and we will visit the church in Dobarsko, a 10 minute drive from the village. Then we head to Melnik and spend the rest of the day.
• The walk into the town Melnik is fairly short, some steep steps and streets will take you first to the ruins of the flourishing Medieval period of the town and then to Kordopoulov's family house, where you will learn about 19th century Melnik history, people, grapes, wine making and you will see a real wine cave. You will taste some wine also of course.
• We can have lunch in Melnik itself or on the way to nearby Rozhen Monastery (another 15 minute drive). At the Monastery we will enjoy a beautiful view of sandstone rocks and mountains.
• After this lovely journey we will head back to Sofia.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise the type of room you want.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.