Meet the Morrinho Project + Tram Ride by Sou + Carioca
Part of the Morrinho Exhibition project, the favela model, which started all the NGO work, has traveled the world through smaller reproductions that were taken to exhibitions in Barcelona, Paris and Venice, as well as visiting cities throughout Brazil. The history of the NGO and the children and youth involved in the creation of Morrinho can be seen in the documentary "Morrinho: God Knows Everything But It's Not X-9", directed by Gavião e Oliveira and released in 2008. At the Rio festival and other festivals , events and exhibitions.
Come meet this amazing project and support this cause.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tram ride
What's excluded :
In this experience you will get to know the Morrinho Project, an artistic installation with over 400 m2 located in an environmental preservation area in the Pereira da Silva favela (in the Laranjeiras neighborhood, south of Rio). The project was created to challenge the popular perception of Brazilian favelas, showing that the favela is a space of great cultural and social richness, not only of violence.
The Project's history began in 1997, when the 14-year-old Cirlan Souza de Oliveira began to reproduce the favela scene using bricks and other recyclable materials. Since then the project has traveled the world and has a small exhibit at the Rio Art Museum, MAR.
The tour is a walk where we will know some points of interest:
* House 48
* ABCD Restaurant
* Pau-a-pique House
* Morrinho Project
At the end of the tour you can still take a souvenir of the Morrinho project by going to the Project store and moving the local economy.
• Projeto Morrinho, Rua Pereira da Silva 826 Casa 27 Vila Pereira da Silva, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22221-140 Brazil
Departure Point :Carioca Metro Station, Centro, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, 20031, Brazil
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.