Mekong Delta 3 day tour from HCM city to Phu Quoc Island / Phnom Penh
If you’re planning a trip to Vietnam, you cannot leave the bustling Mekong Delta from your itinerary. One of the most visited places in Vietnam, Mekong Delta is a combination of rivers, canals, floating markets, mangrove forests, swamplands and paddy fields. Mekong Delta has a truly unique ecosystem.
Mekong Delta has so many attractions and activities that it would take you weeks to explore the whole area. The area may be best known for its floating markets, but it has so much more. We have put together all the main attractions worth visiting in Mekong Delta.
Looking to get the most out of your Mekong Delta tour? Then we recommend this 3 day Mekong Delta tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Use of bicycle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Boat ticket from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc island / From Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Phong Dien Floating Market
- Entry/Admission - Cai Rang Floating Market
What's excluded :
- Visa to Cambodia
Day 1: Saigon - Ben Tre - Can Tho (L)
Stop At: Ben Tre Province, Ben Tre Province, Mekong Delta
8am - Pick up at your hotel in Saigon then take about two hours drive to Ben Tre. On arrival at Hung Vuong pier - the boat will cruise along the Ham Luong river (a branch of the Mekong) and stop off at various local workplaces to give you a picture of how the local economy works, including a brick-kiln where bricks are still painstakingly made by hand; a coconut processing workshop where you can see how's skillfully and quickly of the peeling coconut-shell worker. And you will know about the different uses of each part in a coconut. Then walking around village and have a short stop at a local house where you can see people weaving mat by a hand loom – you can even have a go at weaving yourself !
You will then hop onto a motorized rickshaw for a fun ride through the quiet and beautiful country road to Hai Ho restaurant for a delicious lunch with local specialties as elephant-ear fish, river-shrimp and some kind of iced soft-drink or beers. After lunch, ride a bike to a local family house, Mr Khanh’s family where you can contemplate a antiques pottery collection, enjoy coconut water as well as feel the enthusiasm and hospitality of the people here.
Then ride your bike back to the restaurant and finished your bike trip here then get on a rowing boat and move along the natural canals return to big boat and cruise back to Hung Vuong Pier. Take a way to Ham Luong, Co Chien ferry for Can Tho. Check in 3 stars hotel
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: Can Tho, Can Tho, Mekong Delta
Take about 2 more hours drive from Ben Tre to Can Tho. Check in 3 stars hotel
• Lunch: Lunch at a local restaurant in Ben Tre with local specialties as elephant-ear fish, river-shrimp
Accommodation included: Overnight at a 3-stars hotel in Can Tho
Day 2: Phong Dien & Cai Rang Floating Markets -Tra Su Conservation-Chau Doc (B)
Stop At: Phong Dien Floating Market, Can Tho 92000 Vietnam
5:30am: roll out of your bed, hop on the van and drive to Phong Dien district (15km)
6:00am: hope on an arrow-boat and cruise to the unique and stunning floating markets of Phong Dien and Cai Rang. What you need to do is to sit back on your boat, enjoy the morning coffee served by the local coffee boat and watch the whole world of trading going on from boats to boats. Phong Dien is smaller in scale and is more of a retailed market with many rowing boats. As our boat edges through the market, you will be surely driven back to the yester-centuries by the sound of bargaining, rowing, motoring mixed with the sound made from the coffee boats, meat boats, grocery boats, ice boats….
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cai Rang Floating Market, 46 Hai Ba Trung Near Cai Rang Bridge, Can Tho 900000 Vietnam
Saying goodbye to Phong Dien floating market, our boat will speed up through green and beautiful channels of the Mekong River stretching along rural villages and arrive in Cai Rang floating market. Here, we enjoy breakfast as style of local people with 1 TÔ HỦ TÍU ( a bowl of noodle soup ). Cai Rang is much bigger and is more of wholesaled market with many more big and motored boats. And this will complete a special picture of around a million floating traders in this region who have been happily living the floating life and earning their living on some 50,000km of waterways in the Mekong Delta. Next stop will be a fruit orchard where you can enjoy some kind of tropical fruit and understand more the real life of local people.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tra Su Bird Sanctuary, Reserve de Tra Su, An Phu, Chau Doc Vietnam
10am drive from Can Tho to Long Xuyen (60km) with breaks en route for a short visit to a local Cao Dai Temple. Drive to Tra Su Conservation (85km). Embark an arrow-boat to unveil the breath-taking scenery and the wildlife habitats of this sensational and unique conservation. It is a-thousand-hectare mangroves-forest surrounded by paddy fields! Enjoy a short troll around the conservation on your own and climb up the observation deck for a spectacular view of the conservation and with thousands of storks and birds nesting here. Drive to Chau Doc (23km) and check in a 3 stars hotel
Duration: 2 hours
• Breakfast: Breakfast at Cai Rang floating market
Accommodation included: Overnight at a 3-stars hotel in Chau Doc
Day 3: Chau Doc – Phu Quoc Island / Phnom Penh(B)
Pass By: Ha Tien, Ha Tien, Kien Giang Province
OPTION 1: Chau Doc – Ha Tien – Phu Quoc Island (B) This morning you will have an early breakfast before transfer to Ha Tien for Super Dong Express Boat to Phu Quoc Island. The departure time is at around 8 am and you will arrive in Phu Quoc at around 4 pm. Service ends at Ha Tien pier by 1pm.
Pass By: Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh
OPTION 2: Chau Doc - Phnom Penh (B): Have an early breakfast at hotel then you will be pick up by staff of Hang Chau Boat Company and transfer to pier then take a speed boat to Phnom Penh via Vinh Xuong checkpoint. The boat departure at 7:30am and you will arrive in Phnom Penh at around 12:30pm. Service ends at Chau Doc pier by 7:30am
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick from any hotel in district 1,3,4,5
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please confirm the ending point of your trip. Is it Phu Quoc island or Phnom Penh ?
- Minimum of 2 people required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- After check in your hotel in HCM city. Please check the hotel address to make sure the address you have provided us is correct. If there is any change please notify us by sending a message with the new address.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Dress code is smart casual
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.