Melbourne City Afternoon Kayak Tour
• Take in views of Melbourne's skyline while paddling past restaurants, old ships, the former port area and new port.
• This is a unique experience with easy paddling and a slow pace to take in the views.
• Historical commentary on the old docks area is provided along the way with talks about the former Customs House, turning basin, historical ships, former waterfall and "Mission for Seamen" head quarters.
• There is a rest stop, half way through the tour, to stretch your legs and have a snack and a drink.
• The tour is 2.5 hours duration.
• 1pm session
• Photos emailed after the event.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Snacks and drinks
- Thermals, spray jacket, and all paddling equipment
- Tour photographs (via email)
- Your tour conveniently starts and ends at the same point, so no surprises
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Paddle along the Yarra river through the heart of Melbourne City. Paddle in a double sea kayak past a mix of modern buildings and old architecture. Including the former port, old wharfs, dry docks, old sailing ships etc. Lots of restaurants and vibrant activity. Historical commentary provided along the way. Stop for a break along the way and have a snack and drink. Chat to new and old friends. Relaxed pace.
• SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium, corner of Flinders Street and King Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Departure Point :7 Boathouse Dr, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 20 people per booking
- Minimum age is 12 years (12-15 year old clients years must paddle with an adult)
- Not recommended for participants with back or shoulder problems
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Please go to the rest room before hand.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.