Melbourne Treasure Hunt
An all-inclusive tour that will take you to some of Melbourne's most iconic locations - except with a big difference. You will explore these locations with metal detecting equipment in order to look for treasure!
You will be driven to the first location where you will be taught how to use the various pieces of treasure hunting and fossicking equipment which will be made available for your use. After the lesson you will get to go on your first hunt in an easy to search location. The second location is more challenging, but before the hunt begins there you will learn how to clean silver coins, since it might just be the case that you may find some silver coin treasure there. The third and final location will be selected on the day and be dependent on the success of the hunt thus far.
You are guaranteed not to leave empty handed in this great treasure hunting adventure tour. This is the only activity of this kind in Melbourne!!
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of all relevant treasure hunting and fossicking equipment
- A short tutorial and workshop on equipment use
- A short tutorial and workshop on silver coin cleaning
- Three locations to explore
- Personal driver and experienced tour guide and treasure hunter/fossicker
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- A selection of non-alcoholic beverages
- Australian themed souvenir
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Kilda Beach, Jacka Boulevard West St Kilda, St Kilda, Port Phillip, Victoria 3182 Australia
The activities begin at the iconic St Kilda Beach where participants will be educated on the use of the equipment. Following the introduction into the operation of the equipment the participants will be given the opportunity to undertake their first treasure hunt.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Aughtie Drive, Albert Park, Port Phillip, Victoria 3206 Australia
In this second location two activities will take place. The first is a demonstration on how to clean silver coins which may be found. At the conclusion of the demonstration we grab the tools again and continue treasure hunting...this time for old coins and relics.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Melbourne Park, Melbourne, Victoria Australia
In this final location we focus on treasure hunting for spendable coins.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up location is negotiated according to guest needs. Typically this includes pick up from hotels, train stations or air/ship ports.
Departure Time :9/1/2020 - 4/30/2021
Monday: 04:00 PM - 11:30 PM Tuesday: 04:00 PM - 11:30 PM Wednesday: 04:00 PM - 11:30 PM Thursday: 04:00 PM - 11:30 PM Friday: 01:00 PM - 09:00 PM Saturday: 01:00 PM - 09:00 PM Sunday: 04:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.