Melnik and Rupite - Private Day Trip from Sofia
Melnik is considered the smallest town in Bulgaria, nested in the South slopes of Pirin mountain, among sand pyramids with queer forms.
The findings from the antiquity discovered upon the archaeological diggings testify for its centuries-old history. The wine which is produced by the unique Bulgarian brand Wide Melnik Vine has a wonderful quality, scents of ripe cherry, herbs, and in the presence of oak it develops nuances of tobacco and leather.
You will have time for a lunch break in a local restaurant and after it you will continue to the nearby “Rupite” area, located about 30 km. away from Melnik. This place is considered as sanctuary because it is associated with the famous Bulgarian prophet Vanga, who spent the last years of her life there. Near the house where she was living in 1994 was built the church Saint Petka, which is interesting with its different style of frescoes and icon paintings.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private driver- guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation with a comfortable A/C car
- Tour to Melnik and Rupite
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (5 euro)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Melnik, Melnik, Blagoevgrad Province
Melnik is the smallest town in Bulgaria, famous for its red wine production. You will see some of its old house- museums and churches.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: 2863 Rupite, Bulgaria
This is cosidered as sacred and spiritual area as it is associated with the famous Bulgarian prophet Vanga who spend her last years in a house there.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up at 9am - please indicate it.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.