Melnik Wine Tasting tour from Sofia
Melnik and Rozhen Monastery is in the top 3 destinations in western Bulgaria. Melnik is a unique area for wine lovers and sommeliers where you will learn why Sir Winston Churchill used to order wine from Melnik every year.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Driver/guide in English
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Kordopulova House
- Entry/Admission - Rozhen Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Villa Melnik Winery
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kordopulova House, Melnik Bulgaria
he Kordopulov (or Kordopulov's) House is a large Bulgarian National Revival house in the southwestern Bulgarian town of Melnik. It was built in 1754 specifically for wine production and was bought by the rich and known Greek merchant Manolis Kordopulos. The house, possibly the largest of its kind and period, is located in the town's eastern part and consists of a ground floor that includes a wine cellar, a semi-basement for economic needs and a bay floor intended to be inhabited.
Duration: 50 minutes
Pass By: The Melnik Pyramids, Pirin Planina, Melnik Bulgaria
These unique natural formations attract tourists from all over the world. It is thought that the limestone of which they are composed is the result of erosion, and those forces continue to alter their shape.
These fantastically sculpted rocks have assumed the most varied shapes and details, resembling stone mushrooms, haystacks, minarets, alpine ridges and peaks, swords, obelisks, Egyptian pyramids, Gothic cathedrals, and so forth.
Stop At: Rozhen Monastery, Rozhen, Melnik 2820 Bulgaria
Вe will head to a nearby village - Rojen, where you could have nice lunch and a glass of excellent local wine. We will pay a quick visit to an old monastery, the third most important monastery in Bulgaria.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Villa Melnik Winery, The road between Melnik and Gotse Delchev, village of Harsovo 7km from Melnik, Harsovo 2819 Bulgaria
Our final stop will be one of the best wine cellars of Bulgaria - Villa Melnik. You will have a guided tour on site by the owner's family member. After wine tasting their products, you can buy some great wine at special price and we will head back to Sofia.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide your exact address.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.