Merry Markets Experience in Budapest with Wine Tasing
Explore three of Budapest’s traditional Christmas markets, including one that’s ranked among the best in Europe. Sip hot mulled wine and sample traditional Christmas cake. Learn about traditional Hungarian Christmas celebrations and customs. Discover cosy shops and cafés tucked along decorated streets. Visit Obuda, a local area off the beaten track, as well as St. Stephen’s Basilica, the most beautiful Catholic church in town. This small group Christmas market tour is limited to maximum 12 guests.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Mulled wines (red or white)
- Traditional Christmas cake
What's excluded :
- Additional food/drinks
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the end point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Obuda, III. District, Budapest Hungary
This is where the locals of Buda hang out, we do like locals do. We look around to understand Hungarian Xmas traditions, we see the Townhall and Main square of Obuda.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: St. Stephen's Basilica (Szent Istvan Bazilika), Szent Istvan ter 1, Budapest 1051 Hungary
We see another Christmas Market here
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Vorosmarty Square (Vorosmarty ter), Vorosmarty ter, Budapest Hungary
Largest Christmas tree of Budapest and much more traditions
Duration: 25 minutes
Departure Point :Budapest, Deák Ferenc tér 12, 1061 Hungary
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Budapest, Vörösmarty tér, Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Winter is cold in Hungary, so wear warm clothes, including hat and gloves, and good walking shoes
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: The first part of your tour will take place in a neighbourhood that is far from the inner city, but is one of the oldest parts of the city, giving you a true taste of local life.
- At the Christmas market in the old town area of Óbuda, you will meet vendors that otherwise wouldn’t be able to profit from tourism.
- This tour promotes local culture and traditions. At the Christmas markets you will see many vendors who produce their own goods on the spot, from chimney cake to special Christmas decorations.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognizes companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.