Mestizo Food Tour (Rum & Ruin Included)
Get the most for your money as you enjoy the food, culture and rum of the Mestizo culture in Belize. Guests get to visit the inland district of Orange Walk otherwise called Shuga City! Explore and taste the best tacos in the tacos capital of Belize. Learn about the Mestizo's who inhabited Belize and experience rum making from one of the oldest rum factories in the country
Follow your Smart Travel Belize guide for Panades, Salbutes, Salpicon, Garnaches, Horchata, Belikin Beer and more. Take a drive to Cuello’s Distillery, where you will see first hand how rum is made from start to finish and get a chance to visit one of the oldest Mayan site on premise, El Cuello which dates back to over 4,000 years ago.
Finally, after indulging yourself with the aroma from the rum factory, enjoy the nap back to Belize City.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Maracas Bar & Grill
- Entry/Admission - Cuellos Distillery
- Entry/Admission - Cocina Sabor
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maracas Bar & Grill, 2 Naranjal Street, Orange Walk, Belize
Relax and enjoy delicious Belizean Mestizo cuisine on the river bank in beautiful Orange Walk.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cuellos Distillery, Main St, Orange Walk, Belize
On this food tour, get to visit one of the oldest rum factories, Cuello’s Distillery, where you will see first hand how rum is made from start to finish. Rum tasting may be included depending on the day of the tour.
Also, get a chance to visit El Cuello Mayan Ruin located on the property.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cocina Sabor, Belize Corozal Rd, Orange Walk, Belize
Delicious Mestizo dishes in a relaxed indoor/outdoor environment. Taste the flavors of the top chef himself and walk away with a little more knowledge of Belizean food, our history and culture.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :FORT STREET TOURISM VILLAGE, Fort Street Tourism Village, Terminal 1, Belize City, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
San Pedro Belize Water TaxiOcean Ferry Water TaxiBelize City Municipal AirstripNOTE: We can't pick up from Harvest Caye Port in the mean time due to the distance going to Belize District. Please bear with us.Ports
- Belize City Cruise Port
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.