Meteora Monasteries Day Trip from Thessaloniki
Spend the day having an unforgettable experience visiting the Meteora Monasteries, a UNESCO World Heritage site. You will be departing from Thessaloniki in a luxury bus heading to Kalambaka, where you'll take in the geological miracle of Meteora. Nowadays, only six monasteries are well preserved and four of them are still inhabited, making this unique experience a must see!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up/drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by deluxe air-conditioned coach
- Professional and licensed guide
- All taxes
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees (3 Euro per person per monastery)
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
You will depart at 7:30am in the morning for Kalambaka and head to the Meteora Monasteries in a luxury bus. Upon arrival at Kalambaka City, you will visit the famous Meteora geological formations, unique in their kind and on which the Monasteries are perched. Built in the 14th century, they are the precious testimonies of Byzantine art. You will visit two of these fabulous monasteries, built high upon the steep rocks. Each monastery owns a vast richness of frescoes and icons. Metéora is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List and is one of the most famous attractions in Greece. Afterwards, you will have a lunch break in Kalambaka. At the end of the day, you will return to Thessaloniki.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Besides central located hotels, we offer pick up service also from Aristotelous, Galerious Arch, Corner West Saloon (Leoforos Vasileos Georgiou) and Everest (Prasina Fanaria).
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Appropriate clothing is required to enter the monasteries. Ladies must not wear short skirts/shorts and must have their arms covered by long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.