Mexican Food 101: All-Inclusive Walking Tour
This is our best seller safari and also my favorite, you´ll learn everything you need to know about Mexico City, from subway navigation to street food, little cafes, bakeries and of course, the markets, the most beautiful markets EVER, walk around the flowers, taste the best food, absorb the overwhelming chaos of my city, the food, the smells, and the people.
The tour is not only about food is also about history and fun facts, covers 4 neighborhoods, and two markets Jamaica (the flower market) and La Merced (The crazy market). We will give you an amazing comprehension of the city, its people, and daily life.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Condesa, Mexico City Mexico
We start here with a craft coffee from a very special coffee shop and then walk around the beautiful streets tasting street tacos and pastries
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Mercado de Jamaica, Avenida Guillermo Prieto 45, Mexico City 15800 Mexico
Learn about this beautiful flower market and discover the edible treasures, from carnitas to green chorizo along with beer, tepache, and the best pork rinds in the world.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: La Merced, Calle Rosario 180 Venustiano Carranza, Mexico City 15820 Mexico
This is one of the biggest markets in the city. We will eat delicious quesadillas and try the famous michelada and some cool insects. You´ll get the chance to meet Areli, Monse, and Wendy, they learn English with us and will guide you at their market.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Colonia Juarez, Colonia Juarez, Northern Mexico
This is an up and coming neighborhood where we finish the tour tasting delicious gelatos. You´ll be ready to continue the day on your own
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Campeche 346, Hipódromo, Cuauhtémoc, 06100 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Juárez, Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A lot of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Don´t have breakfast under any circumstances. Your live depends on it! You will have breakfast and lunch during the tour.
- Minimum age is 6 years old
- Not suitable for picky eaters, gluten intolerant or vegan
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- We will be visiting non touristy areas, its better to dress conservatively, don´t bring valuble itmes with you such as expensive watches, jewerly, big cameras, etc.
- and if you are still hungry when we finish you can ask for more food.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.