Mexico City Original Markets & Street Food Tour
Uno dos tres cuatro cinco! Join this super fun Mexico City tour to see three of Mexico's best street markets. Whether you're in the market for a magic love potion, voodoo dolls, hot tamales, pretty piñatas, or exotic flowers, these markets have all bases covered.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bilingual local guide
- Public transportation
- Samples of local food
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- At 8:45am, meet your guide and your small group of 12 or fewer at the Museo Mexicano del Diseño in Mexico City.
Your first stop is a market some locals might not even know. Hear about the market’s unique history from the early 20th century, its connection to Mexican artists Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, and its context within modern Mexican society. Hop back on public transport and visit the bizarre witchcraft market, where you can purchase a superhero costume, a festive piñata, a voodoo doll, a hangover remedy, or any number of magic potions.
Walk a few blocks to a "3-in-1" market that features flowers, prepared food, and fresh produce. This is Mexico City's biggest flower market, where local vendors will sell you exotic flowers that exactly match the color of your eyes. As you wander through the market, sample a cup of pineapple tepache, tamales, Mexican barbecue, fruit cocktail, and exotic mixed juices.
Your last stop is at a local patio for more food samples, ensuring you finish the 5-hour tour with a panza llena, corazon contento — a “full tummy and happy heart.” The tour concludes around 1pm, back at the Museo Mexicano del Diseño.
Departure Point :MUMEDI, Av Francisco I. Madero 74, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- We recommend dressing conservatively as we will be visiting non-touristy areas. Long trousers or jeans and a t-shirt is recommended. Leave your valuables, such as passports and credit cards, in the hotel and bring a small amount of spending cash. Only small cameras are allowed and during the rainy season (May to September) we recommend bringing a raincoat or umbrella
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.