Miami South Beach Art Deco Walking Tour
Transport to the 1920s, 30s and beyond while your guide enlightens and entertains you with fascinating history of the pioneers, unlikely heroes, the rollercoaster boom-bust-boom periods, the rise of Art Deco architecture, the influence of the mob and Hollywood, and the transformation of this swampland to a tropical paradise. During your VIP small group tour, admire architecture on the outside and get exclusive access to select Art Deco buildings to appreciate the contemporary design and decor incorporated into the original interiors. We guarantee you'll walk away as Art Deco experts. Tour last 2 hours 10 minutes.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Art Deco Historic District, Miami Beach, FL
You will primarily walk outside throughout South Beach between 10th and 15th streets. The tour steps inside a few buildings to point out Art Deco and modern design and decor and other highlights. For private group tours, the tour can begin and end anywhere within the Art Deco district.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: South Beach, Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Tour stops include the Versace mansion (the outside only), and Art Deco classics such as The Carlyle Hotel, The Tudor hotel, the 11th Street Diner and the Wolfsonian. Find out which of these buildings were backdrops for the Miami Vice scenes, and movies like the Birdcage with Robin Williams. Legend has it Capone ran his gambling syndicate from the 2nd floor of a small hotel also used in a film with Sylvester Stallone and Sharon Stone.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Essex House Hotel, 1001 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA
Return Detail :1440 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged 5 and under
- Please know traffic is heavy and parking is limited after 12pm on Fridays, weekends and holidays. If you are driving into South Beach please allot additional 45 minutes to enter South Beach and locate parking as some garages may be full and you will need to drive around to locate street parking. ALSO please check traffic advisory on Internet for any traffic delays.
- Tour continues in rain or shine (except for Hurricanes Watches or Warnings). In the event of rain, we keep you indoors most of the time. Be sure to carry an umbrella or rain poncho to walk in between buildings. Statistically, rain showers do not last more than 20 minutes.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.