MICHELANGELO AND THE MEDICI FAMILY, and amazing food
All our tours are guaranteed for max 6 persons.
Our goal is to make you enjoy all the artworks and make you discover all their curiosities, that’s why our visits are longer than the average of other agencies and are preceded or followed by a coffee or an aperitif together with us (included in the price)
All our tour are customizable on demand without sacrificing high quality
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - we will enjoy some tipical florentine food, so you can discover something more about Florence and relaxing together
- Entry/Admission - Cappelle Medicee
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nazionale del Bargello
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cappelle Medicee, Piazza di Madonna Degli Aldobrandini 6, 50123, Florence Italy
A LOVE AND HATE RELATIONSHIP
During this tour we will visit two Museums containing works of the great sculptor, and we will unveil you secrets, anecdotes , quarrels between the latter and the Medici Family.
… Do you know that a young Michelangelo was noted by Lawrence the Magnificent, and for a few time the artist lived in the Palazzo Medici, considered like a family member?
The relationship was not always idyllic.. actually few decades later another member of the same family hired a hit man to kill Michelangelo.
Where did the frightened artist hide ? Right under the New Sacristy, where he drew some graffitis to spend some time.
The Medici Chapels, including the New Sacristy and the Chapels of the Prices, represent not only a Mausoleum, but mainly the glory of the family, and they hold one of the most important Michelangelo’s sculptural cycles, Night, Day, Dusk and Dawn.
Moreover visiting the Chapel of the Princes we will enter in an extraordinary octagonal structure, conceived to host the graves of the Grand Dukes, you will be amazed by such splendor, the walls are largely inlaid by precious stones and marbles.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Via del Proconsolo 4, 50122, Florence Italy
Later than the Medici Chapels, we will cross the Cathedral’s Square to reach the second Museum, the Bargello, to discover other Michelangelo’s masterpieces.
The Palace was built in 1255 and houses pieces of several renowned artists like Donatello, Luca della Robbia, Brunelleschi and Verrocchio.
Among many artworks we will show you Michelangelo’s Bacco and Tondo Pitti, this incredible place boasts a record : here for the first time a State , the Grand Duchy of Tuscany, abolished the death penalty, on 30th November 1786.
This is just a little anecdote of all the curiosities we are going to discover during the tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Cappelle Medicee, 50123 Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.