Middle Atlas Mountain Day Trip From Fes
Discover Morocco’s Middle Atlas Mountains on a full-day trip from Fez that explores small towns and a rolling landscape of cedar forests and peaks. Soak up the European feel of Ifrane, sometimes called the ‘Switzerland of Morocco,’ then descend to the Berber market town of Azrou to find the monkeys that thrive in nearby groves of cedar trees. With pickup and drop-off at Fez hotels, this full-day Middle Atlas trip goes off the beaten path to find Morocco’s quieter, rural side.
per adult from
10 hours 19 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional Driver
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Imouzzer Kandar, Morocco
Cross the small town of Immouzer Kandar, popular in the summer for its more temperate climate than that of Fez
Pass By: Ifrane, Ifrane, Meknes-Tafilalet Region
Arrive in Ifrane and be surprised by the unusual appearance of this city. With its sloping roofs, chimneys with huge stork nests, its abundant flower beds, it is chestnut trees, the city look like a small, corner of Europe
Pass By: Azrou, Azrou, Meknes-Tafilalet Region
Then down to Azrou, you will make a stop at the foot of Cedar Goudreau. Here you can see sometimes some of the maggots that live in this forest.
Finally, after admiring the green roofs of the central square of Azrou, the rock (in Berber Azrou) the work of craftsmen, it’s back to Fez.
This walk can take half a day or slightly more depending on time spent admiring the variety of landscapes: forests of oaks, cedars, cultivated fields among the stones, and orchards.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any Hotel or Riad in Fez Airports
- Sais Airport, Fes Morocco
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.