Middle Eastern Food & Culture Walk in Old Dubai
Join a friendly resident food-lover and certified guide who will take you through our favorite Middle Eastern restaurants and shops in the bustling district of Murraggabat in Deira. We walk from one restaurant to another, sampling 10 different treats and sharing stories of Dubai and of food along the way.
Our food tour route covers a spectrum of flavours from across the Middle East – herb green falafels and creamy hummus from the Levant, street-style flaky pizza from Egypt, cardamom-scented Arabic coffee from the Gulf, giant smoked fish and tangy mango pickle from Iraq and saffron-infused ice cream from Iran. In addition, we experience the time-tested customs of Arabic coffee, sample fresh sweet cheese pastry right off the stove and become saffron savants as we stroll over to our “Ali Baba’s cave” of exotic ingredients.
per adult from
4 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Food tasting at 2 restaurants, 1 falafel cafe, 1 baklava shop and 1 specialty food store
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly if group size is larger than 6 guests
- Professional licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Opportunities to Purchase: Saffron, Baklava, Arabic cookies, Iranian dates, Pomegranate molasses, Nuts (including pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios)
- Substitutions in case of allergies/restrictions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Diva Gents Salon, G Floor,Al Hawari Building,Al Rigga Road,Deira,NEar Al Rigga Metro Station - Deira - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
This is our meeting point.
Departure Point :Diva Gents Salon, G Floor,Al Hawari Building,Al Rigga Road,Deira,NEar Al Rigga Metro Station - Deira - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Return Detail :Sadaf Restaurant, Opp. Concord Hotel Bldg - Riqqa Al Buteen Plaza - Al Maktoum Rd - Deira - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements or serious food allergies at the time of booking or at least 48 hours in advance of the tour
- A moderate amount of walking is involved approximately 3km
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not suitable for those with serious food allergies including gluten, nuts and dairy
- All food is ordered in advance and we may be unable to provide substitutions in case of allergies/restrictions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.