Midnight Sun Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik
Experience Iceland's nature, geology and history on this 8-hour night tour of the Golden Circle. Visit exceptional sights including Thingvellir National Park, Geysir geothermal area and Gullfoss waterfall. This group tour includes hotel pickup from Reykjavík hotels and operates with a maximum 20 people with up to 6 passengers per vehicle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Begin your Golden Circle night tour with pickup from your centrally located Reykjavik hotel around 6:30pm. Embark on your midnight adventure in a modified 4X4 Land Rover Defender equipped with 40 inch wheels, luxurious leather seats, air conditioning, Wifi, GPS and security equipment.
Your first stop will be Thingvellir National Park where the Icelandic parliament was founded over 1000 years ago. At Thingvellir you will see how the earth is ever so slowly pulling apart along the North-America and Eurasian tectonic plates and you will be able to stand where the Viking settlers stood centuries ago to edict national laws. Next, visit the Geysir Hot Springs in Haukadalur. See geysers, hot springs, steam vents and eerie blue algae in this geothermal location. Strokkur is one of the largest and most powerful geysers and erupts almost every 5 minutes.
The next stop in the Golden Circle tour is Gullfoss waterfall, which many consider to be the queen of Icelandic waterfalls. Watch the high and mighty waterfall as it drops dramatically into a deep gorge. Next, take the Superjeep vehicles off road. Ride across glaciers and highlands, splashing through rivers and the rough terrain. Enjoy the landscape from your 4x4 vehicle while occasionally stopping next to incredible sights to take in the view.
After your exhilarating off-road ride, visit Faxi, a small but beautiful waterfall before heading back to Reykjavik. The entire tour duration is 7-8 hours including transportation time. The itinerary may be reversed to escape the crowds. You will be transferred back to your Reykjavík hotel around 1am at the conclusion of the tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum of 2 passengers on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Minimum of 4 passengers on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
- A maximum of 6 passengers per Superjeep (vehicle)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Superjeep EHF