Midnight sun in the archipelago
For many visitors, the midnight sun is both an amazing and confounding experience.
Imagine a summer night that never ends; while your family is at home sleeping, you are out hiking under the midnight sun. This wonderful display is a stark contrast that affects all walks of life in Finland and while the season is short; we are here to make the most of it.
During this guided tour we offer a unique experience that allows you to encounter one of Finland's many natural wonders. It may look like 3 in the afternoon but in fact, it's almost past your bedtime!
Because we are located so far north, we have many long days where the sun never fully sets below the horizon or only sets for a few hours.
Come and join our authentic nature experience in one of the most beautiful areas nearby Helsinki.
• Experience the midnight sun in a remote setting
• Evening walks offer a new perspective to the forest
• Calm and peaceful environment
• Evening snack with seaside view
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - Sandwich, fruit, granol bar etc..
- Coffee and/or Tea
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional wilderness guide
- Raincoat in case of rain
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - As a sustainable company we reccommend you to bring a reusable water bottle with you.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki 00100 Finland
The meeting point for this trip will be at the bus-stop in front of Kiasma (Museum of Contemporary Art). The stop is about 65 steps from the museum entrance and approximately 500 meters from Helsinki Central Railway station.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Porkkalanniemi, 02480 Kirkkonummi, Finland
This excursion starts from Helsinki and takes you to Porkkala peninsula archipelago.
Once we have arrived in the archipelago, the group will begin their walk through winding forest trails with the midnight sun laying over the horizon.
Your guide will be able to provide details about the coastal region and wildlife specific to Finland. The small group size offers an intimate experience in nature and allows your guide to attend to individual questions and needs.
After an hour of walking under the midnight sun, we will arrive to a beautiful viewpoint overlooking the Baltic sea where we can truly enjoy what it means to experience the “nightless night”.
While your guide prepares an evening snack and coffee there will be plenty of time to take photos, explore, converse, and enjoy the magical phenomenon of the midnight sun.
After our snack break we will continue to explore the beauty of archipelago looking for the many different wonders’ nature has to offer. Walking for another 20-30 minutes the group will make their way back to the starting point, feeling refreshed and rejuvenated from this wonderful experience in the nature.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Mannerheiminaukio 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.