Midnight Sun Photo Excursion
Experience the thrill of chasing the Midnight Sun! Learn to photograph the dramatic sunset colors in Denali with a maximum of 4 participants per tour. This tour provides a personalized photography experience featuring a prolonged “magic hour.” Revel in the beautiful alpenglow on the mountains and spectacular cloudscapes. During mid-summer, sunset is close to midnight due to our far north location. The sunset colors last for an extended period of time, giving us ample opportunity to move to several locations during “golden hour” for instruction and experimentation with different compositions, focal lengths, and exposure settings. This tour also offers good potential for moose sightings because there is less human activity during this time of day.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional tripods and filters are provided. Digital cameras with long zoom lens are available to rent, and guests keep the memory card.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
Our tour is designed to benefit all skill levels with any type of camera (smart-phones welcome). No matter what gear you have, our guides will be able to help you progress as photographer. Beginners will learn techniques to get more out of their equipment; how to read light and adjust their exposure settings to photograph Alaska’s stunning scenery and wildlife in a way that “does it justice.” Advanced photographers will enjoy the luxury of being driven to the best locations without having to rent a car or trying to scout the vast and unfamiliar landscape.
• Denali National Park and Preserve, Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Departure Point :Denali Photo Guides, 224.1 Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Tours begin upon pick up; there is no shuttling and no caravanning. Tours travel to multiple locations in a luxury truck that is easy to get in and out of.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.