Migrants Tour of Melbourne - Sydney Road
Sydney Road, a narrow busy street at the north of Melbourne has hundreds of stories. Stories of the indigenous Wurrundjery people using the creek as their main walking path to the north, and the stories of the gold miners, quarry workers, textile labourers, new migrants, and more new migrants from different cultures. The stories tell us how they built a new life here and how they got to get along with each other. Sydney Road is the mix of ugly and beautiful, friendships and conflicts, art, different cuisines, smells, colours and languages.
Join our tour of Sydney Road in the eclectic suburb of Brunswick, so you experience what locals do, on a Cultural Experience Tour.
Melbourne is one of the most multicultural cities in the world. The suburb of Brunswick has a great mix of art, cafes and diverse cultures with an interesting history.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Brunswick, Brunswick, Moreland, Greater Melbourne, Victoria
This is a 3.5 hours walking tour. You will enjoy a sensory experience including food tasting and visiting shops. That’s how you will get to listen to the stories of various ethnicities living here, Italians, Greeks, Turkish, Lebanese and others. You will also get to know the unique community life and hipster culture so specific to Brunswick by walking past its many bars and hotels. This suburb also houses the oldest working class culture of Melbourne.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Jewels of Hawthorn, 683 Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn VIC 3122, Australia
Departure Time :3/31/2020 - 10/28/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.