Milan Food Walking Tour of Brera
Eat your way through Milan’s Brera neighborhood on a 3-hour food tour, led by a food-loving local guide! Learn about the city history and cuisine as you wander the atmospheric streets, and enjoy six different food stops for samples of local delicacies and well-known Italian treats. Traditional Milan dishes, artisan beer, and silky-smooth slices of Parma ham are among the other mouthwatering morsels you get to try along the way.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Food tastings (6 stops)
- Italian beer (one bottle per couple)
What's excluded :
- Drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Brera District, Via Pontaccio, Via FatebeneFratelli, Via dei Giardini, Via Monte di Pieta, Via Ponte Vetero and Via Mercato., Milan Italy
Meet your guide near Lanza-Brera Station in central Milan, and then set off on your 3-hour food walking tour of Milan’s historic Brera district. The neighborhood has long been a haven for bohemians, attracting inspired locals and travelers alike with bustling street markets and a vibrant nightlife scene.
Your guide dishes on the city's history and cuisine as you walk. Learn how Milan has changed over the centuries, from the Navigli district (home to the city’s ancient, defunct canal system) to the futuristic enclave of Porta Nuova that was constructed to host the Expo 2015. Along with its architecture, the city's cuisine has also evolved over the centuries, but many original dishes remain. Learn about the staples of Milanese cuisine such as rice and polenta, and discover classic dishes like saffron-flavored risotto and veal Milanese.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: La Bicicletta Milano, Via Giambellino, 9, 20146 Milano MI, Italy
In between walking and talking, enjoy up to six food stops to try some of the city specialties. Samples vary on each tour according to availability, but dishes you may try include traditional melanzane alla parmigiana (baked eggplant with Parmesan and tomatoes), mondeghili meatballs, and traditional Milan dishes. Along with local delicacies, enjoy samplings of popular Italian treats such as gelato and cannoli, or melt-in-your-mouth slivers of culatello — a prized Parma ham. Wash down the food with an artisan Italian beer, and then enjoy a Milan-style aperitivo (or a pre-dinner alcoholic drink) at the trendy art bar La Bicicletta. The aperitivo is big in Milan, and many bars put on a lavish happy-hour buffet with enough food to satisfy the hungriest of appetites.
After three hours exploring Brera and its atmospheric eateries, work your way to Piazza XXV Aprile in central Milan, where your tour finishes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Via Solferino, 5, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Comfortable shoes and dress are recommended
- Guests must be at least 18 years to participate in wine/alcohol tastings
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.