Mile End meets Outremont: An audio tour exploring this electric urban space
Take this self guided audio tour through Mile End to Outremont. This is a place where artisans and musicians live side by side with new families and old immigrants. It's a real, working neighbourhood where you're likely to see old men gossiping on the street corner the way they've done for fifty years, musicians hoisting cellos past the flower shops, Hassidic men in big fur hats carrying prayer shawls, and children yammering in three languages as they ride their scooters to neighbourhood schools. You'll find independent bookshops, vintage stores, funky young designers and artisanal bakers and chocolatiers. There's always a bench to pause and people-watch, and there are plenty of shade-trees, some bearing cherries and pears. This is one of the best neighbourhoods in Canada to feel how electric an urban space can be when it defies homogenization.
per adult from
30 to 45 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Theatre Rialto, 5723 Park Avenue, Montreal, Quebec H2V 4H2 Canada
The tour starts in front of the Rialto Theatre.
Pass By: St-Viateur Bagel, 263 Rue Saint- Viateur O, Montréal, QC H2V 1Y1, Canada
The tour passes by St-Viateur Bagel.
Pass By: S.W.Welch Bookseller, 225 Rue Saint- Viateur O, Montréal, QC H2T 2L6, Canada
The tour passes by the bookshop.
Pass By: Latina, 185 Saint- Viateur St W, Montreal, QC H2T 2L4, Canada
The tour passes by Latina.
Pass By: Depanneur Vilamar, 140 Rue Bernard O, Montréal, QC H2T 2K1, Canada
The tour passes by Depanneur Vilamar.
Pass By: Dragon Flowers, 159 Rue Bernard O, Montréal, QC H2T 2K3, Canada
The tour passes by Dragon Flowers.
Pass By: Librairie Drawn & Quarterly, 211 & 176 Rue Bernard Quest, Montreal, Quebec H2T 2K2 Canada
The tour passes by Drawn & Quarterly.
Pass By: Place Ferron, Outremont, QC H2V 1V3, Canada
The tour passes through Place Ferron.
Pass By: Parc St-Viateur, 705 Rue Saint Viateur, Québec, QC G2L 2Z3, Canada
The tour ends in the park.
Departure Point :Rialto Theatre, 5723 Av du Parc, Montréal, QC H2V 4H2, Canada
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/22/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Saint-Viateur Park, Outremont, QC H2V 3R9, Canada
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.