Mindo Chocolate Tour
El Quetzal de Mindo is the beginning of the Ruta de Cacao (Chocolate Route) in Ecuador. See the entire process of making chocolate at an artisan small batch scale. We begin at the cocoa tree, taste fresh fruit and see the entire process to the finished chocolate. We will end with a tasting of a variety of chocolate, our chocolate barbecue sauce and chocolate tea and of course our world famous brownie.
Tours operates seven days per week from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Every hour on the hour we will begin a new tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tasting
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Starts at El Quetzal de Mindo in Mindo, Ecuador
Welcome to our popular chocolate tour. We see more than 2,000 people come to our tours per month. We began making chocolate in 2008 and sell chocolate bars in Mindo and in the US.
First we will congregate at El Quetzal, a well-known restaurant-cafe in Mindo we have where a small chocolate factory where we make small batches of chocolate by hand. We also have cocoa trees and you will taste fresh fruit and see the entire processing of cocoa beans from fermentation, drying, roasting, winnowing, grinding, and making batches of chocolate to finished and wrapped bars. You will finish with a tasting of a sampling of chocolate bars made at El Quetzal.
Departure Point :El Quetzal de Mindo with Chocolate Tour, 9 de Octubre, Mindo 170167, Ecuador
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.