Mindo Cloud Forest
Immerse yourself in a thick vegetation of plants, trees and wild flowers of the Cloud Forest which is located on the edge of the Andes Western Mountain Range. Mindo is 98 km away from the Quito city. This forest is the transition zone between the highlands and the coast. The altitude ranges from 2000m (6562 ft) above sea level and 1000m above sea level (3281 feet). This natural region is located in the Protector Forest Nambillo - Mindo. The reserve covers approximately 2000 hectares almost 2000 soccer fields. In addition, Mindo is part of the ecological corridor or hotspot so called Chocoan-Darien that crossing over Ecuador to reach out Colombia. This eco-route is one of the most biodiverse and endangered habitats. Hence, this bio-diversity region is within the 10 most important eco-regions in the world.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- An English-speaking Certified Naturalist Guide-Chauffeur
- Pick up from your centrally hotel in Quito
- Activities and visits according to your preference
What's excluded :
- Travel Insurance
- Entrance cost; Hummingbird Sanctuary $5 pp, Ziplining $ 20pp, Tarabita & Waterfall Santuary $ 5pp.
- Mindo´s Chocolate Tour $8 pp, Mountain Cable Car $8 pp, Orchid Farm $3 pp, Tubing $6 pp (*min 4 pax)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mindo, Mindo, Pichincha Province
An early departure from the city of Quito will take us to the northwest of the Pichincha Province. We will cross the northern populated area of Quito. After 50-minute drive, we park to get into the Alambi, it is a private reserve full of playful hummingbirds and other bird species. This place is dreamy and perfect for taking pictures. After this activity, we continue to Mindo. Once in Mindo, our guide will give you a brief explanation about activities that can be done. The most popular activities are ziplining, tubing, hiking to the waterfalls or taste the best chocolate of this region, visit a butterfly farm or the orchid garden. All those activities will be done according to your preferences and available time. Within this day, we will take a break to try Ecuadorian food in a restaurant in Mindo. Finally, we will return to the city of Quito.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.