Mix & Save: Muir Woods and Sausalito + Escape From the Rock Cruise
Travel across the Golden Gate Bridge and through the rugged coastal mountains of Marin County. Experience the magnificent views of the San Francisco Bay while crossing the Golden Gate bridge.
Muir Woods National Monument, where ancient groves of Giant Redwoods (Sequoia Sempervirens) tower over Redwood Creek.
Sausalito, a gorgeous Mediterranean-style village with quaint shop, art galleries, and waterfront restaurants.
The Escape from the Rock Cruise (Alcatraz Alternative) will take you close to the infamous prison island that many have tried to escape from. You will circle the island twice, seeing it from all angles as well as the beautiful city skyline.
* Please note this tour does NOT land on Alcatraz Island or include the prison interior.
* Departure times are seasonal. Please contact us regarding departure times for your specific tour date.
* After the Escape from the Rock Cruise, participants will need to make their own way back to their lodging accommodations, or vehicles.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi and restroom.
- Admission to Muir Woods National Monument
- Free time in Muir Woods and picturesque Sausalito
- Boat tour around Alcatraz Island (Please note this cruise does not allow time on Alcatraz Island).
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Pier 39
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel Drop-off
- Please note this tour does NOT land on Alcatraz Island or include the prison interior
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Union Square, Union Square, San Francisco, California
Departing the heart of Union square, the coach makes its way to the Golden Gate Bridge.
On your way to the Golden Gate Bridge, travelers will see:
Union Square: Theatres, shopping, hotels
Pass By: Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA
Famous for being used as a firebreak, by the US Army during the 1906 earthquake and fire.
Pass By: Cow Hollow, Union St, San Francisco, CA
Two affluent neighborhoods, attracting young professionals. Chic fashion boutiques, Pilates studios, juice shops, beauty salons. Many fine dining restaurants ranging from French Bistros to American Fusion Cuisine.
Pass By: Crissy Field, 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129-1605
Driving above Crissy Field it gives a great vantage of the San Francisco Bay, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Crossing the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
On a clear day, the Golden Gate Bridge offers a panoramic view of the bay and the San Francisco skyline.
Pass By: Marin County, Marin County, California
Entering Robin Williams tunnel as we exit travelers get a view of Sausalito.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Muir Woods lies in the middle of the redwood's latitudinal region.
Incredible diversity of flora and fauna can be daunting at times. Redwoods, Stellar’s jay, ladybugs, ancient horsetail ferns, and the banana slug are all apart of the hiking experience.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sausalito Boardwalk, Bridgeway Sausalito Yacht Harbor, Sausalito, CA 94965
A gorgeous Mediterranean-style village with quaint shops, art galleries, and waterfront restaurants.
Extend your stay in Sausalito and return by ferry to San Francisco at your leisure. Ferry cost is not included unless selected during booking. The Ferry docks at Pier 41, in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Pier 39, Beach Street & The Embarcadero Parking area, San Francisco, CA 94133
The bus transportation portion of the tour will end at Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf and your Escape from the Rock adventure will begin. Once you disembark the bus the driver will direct you to The Escape from the Rock Cruise landing where you can board the boat (Departure times are seasonal).
“The Escape from the Rock Cruise”, will bring you close to the infamous prison island (Please note this tour does NOT land on Alcatraz Island or include the prison interior), that many have tried to escape from. You will circle the island twice, seeing it from all angles as well as the beautiful city skyline.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: 478 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
2: 2800 Leavenworth St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Pier 41, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- In an effort to conserve Muir Woods and the Giant Redwood trees for future generations, the National Parks Services has recently restricted access to the park to only a limited number of parking slots. Unfortunately we are not able to secure the same departure time for every day. Please read the redemption instructions carefully.
- Please contact us 48 hours prior to tour date to confirm your exact departure time.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.