Mixco Viejo Tour from Guatemala City
Get acquainted with the ancient Poqoman Kingdom at Mixco Viejo, a fortified Maya city surrounded by ravines. Visit the archaeological site, which stands on the top of a hill, and get an up-close look at the structure’s vestiges. You will learn from your guide how the Kaqchikele people helped Spanish on helping to conquer the site in the 15th century.
per adult from
2 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Mixco Viejo
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mixco Viejo, San Juan Sacatepequez Guatemala
Meet your guide upon hotel pickup in the morning, and relax during a scenic countryside drive to Mixco Viejo, an archaeological site located about 80 miles (129 km) from Guatemala City. On arrival, take a guided tour of the extensive Maya ruins once belonging to the Poqomam Kingdom. Discover how the former inhabitants were conquered by the Spaniards and neighboring enemies. At the end of your tour you will drive back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Guatemala City, Guatemala City, Guatemala Department
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup at your hotel, La Aurora airport or your lodging placeAirports
- La Aurora Airport, Guatemala City Guatemala
Departure Time :7:30am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 1 person per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.