Mofongo & Mojito Tour
Unique historical and cultural experience learning and tasting the flavors of Puerto Rican cuisine and heritage
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Lunch - 1 Mojito Cocktail, Green Salad, Cassava or plantain mofongo, chicken or vegetable filling, delicious dessert, soda
What's excluded :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Viejo San Juan, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Africa and the Amerindian Taínos.
We invite you and your group to discover the magic of our "cocina criolla” by spicing up your day during this exciting culinary experience where you will taste the rich flavors of Puerto Rican Cuisine.
Our meeting point will be the heart of our Old San Juan. Here, we will get acquainted with a little bit of our history and familiarize with important details of our Puerto Rican culture. Your guide will walk you through important historical sites like the San Juan Gate, the Princess Pathway, the Roots Fountain, Museum of Doña Fela, the Rogativa statue, Plaza de Armas, San Juan Cathedral and so much more.
Meanwhile we will also pass through the unique shopping district these ancient streets provide where our guest will be able to take a glance at our local products like Puerto Rican coffee, arts and crafts, jams and delicious spices.
Next? The highlight of the tour: The Mofongo and Mojito culinary demo & dining experience. You can't come to Puerto Rico and not try our Mofongo. This is why we have chosen a beautiful local restaurant that has a unique colonial atmosphere to give you the time to appreciate our Latin flavors. Their staff will welcome you with unique Puerto Rican hors d'oeuvres and their renowned chef will demonstrate how to create the famous mofongo. The mofongo it's a must-try for first-time visitors who want to claim to have sampled the local fare and for locals it is just something to keep repeating at any craving time. Mofongo is a mashed mound of plantains into which a combination of meat, or vegetables is added. Become a chef for a day and find out how this incredible Puerto Rican meal is made, then, at the end, enjoy the fruits of your own delicious creation!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: 102 Calle Marina, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
2: Calle Marina, PR-1, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not reccommended for guest with mobility problems
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.