Mombacho Cloud Forest Reserve: Hike and Zipline Tour
Mombacho volcano is the defining feature of the Granada skyline. In this tour you will enjoy a hike in the mysterious cloud forest reserve of the volcano; the hike will take you through several trails where you have the chance to get closer to nature while enjoying great views of Granada, Lake Nicaragua and nearby areas. Then, enjoy a safe zipline tour, conducted by professional guides, from station to station above the coffee plantations. A fun experience!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Shared 4x4 transportation inside the reserve
- Professional guide
- Zipline equipment
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mombacho Volcano Natural Reserve
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- All personal expenses
- In the morning your guide and driver will be waiting for you to go for a great adventure at Mombacho Natural Reserve and Canopy.
The Mombacho Volcano Natural Reserve is a 1400 meters high Volcano. It's been extinct for many years now, and it is totally covered with vegetation. This has created a rich ecosystem where within it live 50 species of mammals, 174 species of birds, 30 of reptiles and 750 species of flora. A powerful truck will drive all the way to the top of the extinct volcano. You will go through coffee plantations to the cloud forest, which offers exceptional sites to discover its flora and fauna. Once at the volcano top you will hike around one of the volcanoes’ 3 craters, along the “crater” trail (around 1h30 hike). On the way there are several lookouts that boast stunning views to the crater and its lush vegetation, the city of Granada, Masaya smoking volcano, Lake Nicaragua and the Islands (views available if weather permits it!). Howler monkeys can frequently be observed or heard.
Then continue with another adventure at the zip line station. You will experience the zip line (canopy tour), located in the shores of Mombacho volcano, climb and swing through trees!! This tour offers you an unforgettable experience sliding down from tree to tree through several platforms and bridges very safely built, overlooking the coffee plantations. Transfer back to your hotel in Granada after the tour.
Departure Point :Hotels and home rental in Granada city
Departure Time :
7:50am and 9:30am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.