Mombasa City Private Tour Old Town and Fort Jesus
This tour offers a traveler an opportunity to walk through the oldies narrow streets and view the architecture - the original inhabitants of Mombasa live in the Old Town and they speak Swahili which is similar to the one spoken in Zanzibar.
Also, tour Mombasa’s biggest attraction - Fort Jesus as it dominates the harbor’s entrance, it was in history, a Portuguese stronghold as it was built in 1593, to fend off local enemies and the Turkish warships. The remains of the Fort provide an interesting tour taking you back through history and a small museum features a variety of lyrics.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Safari minivan with a pop-up roof
- 1 ltr bottled mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Fort Jesus Museum
What's excluded :
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide
- Meals, snacks, attractions, and events not included in your tour
- Outside Mombasa City center, we charge US$30 for pickups/drop-offs.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old Town, Near Ndia Kuu Road, Mombasa 00200 Kenya
Experience the oldness of this town is reminiscent of the days when the Arabs exerted a heavy influence on this town and its culture which can be seen when you walk through the narrow streets and view the architecture. The original inhabitants of Mombasa live in the Old Town and they speak Swahili which is similar to the one spoken in Zanzibar. This is to mean that historically, the town of Mombasa and many other Coastal Town including Kilifi, Malindi, and Lamu were colonies of the Sultan of Zanzibar, this brought about the intermarriages and other exchange of social and economic activities.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Fort Jesus Museum, Ndia Kuu, Mombasa 00200 Kenya
This tour will also take you to the famous Fort Jesus located on the edge of a coral ridge overlooking the entrance to the old port of Mombasa. Fort Jesus is perhaps Mombasa’s biggest attraction as it dominates the harbor’s entrance. It was, in history, a Portuguese stronghold as it was built in 1593, to fend off local enemies and the Turkish warships. The remains of the Fort provide an interesting tour taking you back through history and a small museum features a variety of lyrics. Its interior comprises of torture rooms and prison cells where slaves were kept in captivity before being traded. Weapons such as canons, which were used to defend the Fort from invading foreigners and the rioting locals, can be seen both inside and outside of the Fort.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :MOMBASA CBD, Mombasa Road, Mombasa, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offered
Outside Mombasa City center, we charge US$30 for pickups/drop-offs.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/15/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.