Mon and Kayin State – Adventure Trip
The more remote areas of Mon State and Kayin State are undiscovered areas of Myanmar offering spectacular nature and intriguing tribal culture dating back for many, many centuries in the history of South East Asia. The Mon are believed to be one of the first civilisations in this part of the world. Although their kingdom was lost to the Bagan king in the 11th century, their rich culture can be still be seen in daily life with their specific sarongs, traditional food, language and music instruments. The Kayin (also known as Karen) are one of the indigenous tribes of the jungle known for their traditional boxing skill and their state offer beautiful natural scenes with traditional villages and waterways surrounded by spectacular lime stone mountains. A tribe with its separate language and traditions, whose origins are still very much unknown to scientists until this day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
Expected arrival time at Thaton is around 14:00 and upon arrival at Thaton train station, meet your guide for a private transfer to Mawlamyine.
On arrival in the colonial city Mawlamyine we walk around the area with impressive buildings from the colonial times when writers like Orwell and Kipling where living in this city, visit the first Baptist church and the Seindon Mibaya Monastery.
At 07:30 a tuk-tuk will pick you up to go to the jetty from where we take private motor boat for a cruise over the Thanlwin (Salween) River – one of the longest rivers in Myanmar ending in Mon State with spectacular sights on Zwekabin and other limestone mountains rising from the rice fields.
In Hpa An, We start the day by small kayaks to go for a leisurely trip through the paddy fields for half an hour or so. If you don’t feel like paddling yourself, let us know and we arrange a local Kayin man to paddle for you.
Beyond Hpa An cycling , meet your bike guide at Hotel Gabbana (private transfer from your hotel to Hotel Gabbana is arranged).
At 12:00, Check out from hotel and own transfer to bus station for bus to Kyaikto and transfer by tuktuk on own to Kyaiktiyo basecamp.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
pick up from the hotel that the clients booked on own
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.