Mondays - Beyond The Grape: Explore With A Local - Troodos Mountains thru Wine!
Hello from Cyprus Taste Tours! We're a friendly team of local guides all with Cypriot heritage. A group of true foodies, our activities focus on discovering Cyprus through food & wine...
You’ll be driven into the Troodos mountain villages to visit 3 carefully selected wineries. Each boutique winery you'll visit is family-owned and you'll have the chance to meet the individuals behind the wine-making on this brilliant small group excursion. You'll tour the premises of at least one of the wineries to learn about the process and 5000yr history of wine on the island. Through each tasting session you'll discover the indigenous grape varieties and experience a selection of dry whites, rosés and reds plus the traditional sweet wine Commandaria.
• Explore a traditional village with a guided tour of Omodos
• Try a variety of local wines
• Lavish Picnic lunch included
• Enjoy the rural villages & meet real locals
• Door-to-door transport - no need to worry about who'll be the sober driver
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup from a location of your choice (door-to-door transport)
- 3 Wine Tastings (20+ wines)
- Lunch - We'll enjoy a delicious picnic lunch (includes sandwiches, crisps, breadsticks, dips, fruit, cake, juice & bottled water. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options available).
- Snacks - We'll complete a traditional products tasting plus nibbles with some of our wine tastings!
- All tasting and entrance fees
- Local bilingual guide - fully trained in the food & wine of Cyprus
- Support a small business along with the local culture
- A great day out! Check out our Cyprus Taste Tours reviews to find out why you should book this tour!
- Entry/Admission - Troodos Mountains
- Entry/Admission - Lambouri Winery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cyprus Taste Tours - Ayia Napa, Katalymaton, Cyprus
We'll pick you up from an Ayia Napa / Protaras location of your choice. Our team guarantees you a fantastic day out - we'll make the most of your time with us and take you on a bespoke journey through Cyprus villages. Established in 2011 - we're confident we know all the best spots and we never stop exploring! We're all fully trained in the traditional foods and wine of the island and you'll be sure to receive a professional, 5 star experience. When booking with Cyprus Taste Tours - you'll be supporting a small local business and helping to keep the culture & traditions of the island alive!
Stop At: Troodos Mountains, Troodos Cyprus
We'll tour the Troodos mountain countryside to visit 3 different wineries and the traditional village of Omodos. The 3 wineries are listed below but may differ depending on the season. We'll also stop at a mountain picnic site to enjoy a delicious picnic lunch! (includes sandwiches, crisps, breadsticks, dips, fruit, cake & juice. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options available).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lambouri Winery, Ag. Demetrius Str. 24A, Platres 4825 Cyprus
This winery was established in 1992 by Mr. Lambouri who left London life as a lawyer to come to Cyprus in 1991. His love of the island inspired him to cultivate his wife’s land and plant vineyards to produce his very own wine. Since 2010 this winery has been practicing eco-friendly methods to grow their grapes and do not use chemicals in the vineyards. They are famous for their award-winning Commandaria wine and more.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Omodos, Omodos, Limassol
This tour includes a visit to Omodos village where you'll have the chance to try traditional foods, visit shops with traditional crafts and enjoy the beautiful village scenery such as the Church and cobbled-stone streets. We'll also visit an old wine press and learn about the old methods of making wine and take part in an additional wine tasting!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Oenou Yi - Ktima Vassiliades Winery / Οίνου Γη-Κτήμα Βασιλειάδη, Demetri Liperti St, Omodos 4760, Cyprus
We'll visit the tasting room located in the beautiful village of Omodos to taste their great wines and stroll through the picturesque village.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ayia Mavri Winery, Kilani Village, Koilani Cyprus
We'll visit this fantastic family-owned, boutique winery where we'll tour the premises to see the production facilities, talk about wine-making, visit the cellar and complete a wine tasting. This winery only produces 50,000 bottles a year - making it a small boutique winery. Although you may find some of their wines in specialist shops - many of their labels can only be found here at the winery and your tasting will surely include some of these.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Timios Stavros Monastery, Димократиас 2, Omodos 4760 Cyprus
Explore the monastery grounds and visit a historical church.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: The Struggle Museum in Omodos, Democratias 24760, Omodos 4760 Cyprus
You'll have the chance to wonder the museums and learn about the history of Cyprus.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Cyprus, Cyprus
We'll be exploring the rural areas and culture of Cyprus through the world of wine!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer door-to-door transport from almost any Ayia Napa / Protaras location including hotels, airbnbs, private accommodation, cruise terminal, landmarks etc. We can also offer pick-up or drop-off at the airport if this makes your participation more convenient. In the unlikely case that we cannot fulfil pick-up - a full refund will be processed.This tour runs on specific dates - if the available dates aren't suitable and you would like to take part in a food / wine experience on another day then please check Cyprus Taste Tours for our other options as we have activities running on every day of the week.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We make sure our vehicles are cleaned and disinfected after every tour. Your safety is our priority and we assure you that we take precautionary measures seriously. We look forward to hosting you safely!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.