Monet to Matisse at the National Gallery
Led by art historian Dr Victoria Powell. The National Gallery has some of best impressionist and post-impressionist art in the world. During this experience you will see some classic works by artists including Monet, Degas, Van Gogh, Cezanne and Matisse.
First we get straight to the heart of the French Impressionists: rebels, rejects, revolutionaries through their paintbrushes.
Then on to fin de siècle Paris in the 1880s and 1890s. We're talking Montmartre, the Moulin Rouge, absinthe and bohemian artists freezing in their garrets.
You'll learn about the artists, the era in which they lived and the ideas they were interested in exploring through their art.
You'll also learn how to 'read' artworks by looking at the techniques artists used to construct their works - like composition, colour and space.
Numbers are limited to six people so that it's intimate and personal, you can hear and see everything, and there's plenty of time for questions.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN England
The National Gallery in London is home to some of the most jaw-dropping art in the world.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, Charing Cross, London WC2N 5DN, UK
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.