Monserrate, Bogotá Center and Gold Museum
The center of Bogotá and the hill of Monserrate tells the story of Colombia, in the activity it will be understood why Bogotá was founded on this site, as was the original population in the pre-Columbian era, how were the country's independence processes and how This led to many buildings that we currently have. You will also appreciate the city from the hill of Monserrate, we will observe the way of expressing yourself through graffiti, and the art of the most important artist of Colombia Fernando Botero, the local gastronomy. The pre-Columbian gold representations to which they refer and because they attracted the conquerors will also be understood.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Colombian typical sweets
- Bottled water
- Entrance to the Monserrate hill, round trip transportation by cable car
- Entrance to the gold museum
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
We go to the mountain of Monserrate, we go up by funicular or cable car, I am explaining the history of the hill, we enter the church where La Virgen and Mr. Caido de Monserrate are. Then we see Bogotá.
We go down to the center of Bogotá by cable car or funicular and we arrive at La Candelaria, we walk through the narrow streets where we can see colonial houses and graffiti of all kinds, then we arrive at Chorro de Quevedo, where the city was founded, we continue towards Calle 10 where we will find cafes, and the Teatro Colón.
Afterwards we go to the gold museum, then we take some time to try a delicious coffee and lunch.
Later we walked along Calle 11 and arrived at the block of culture where we entered the Botero Museum. We enter the Gabriel García Marquez cultural center built by one of the most famous architects in Colombia. Then we go to the Plaza de Bolívar to see the main administrative buildings of the country and the First Cathedral of Bogotá.
Always on each tour we talk about what happened in these places and also curious facts about the city and its inhabitants.
You can book the tour in the morning or in the afternoon
• Mount Monserrate, Carrera 2 E No. 21-48 Paseo Bolívar, Bogota Colombia
• Plaza Del Chorro Del Quevedo, Carrera 2 at Calle 13, Bogota Colombia
• Plaza de Bolivar de Bogota, Plaza Alvarez, Bogota 111711 Colombia
• Museo Botero del Banco de la Republica, Calle 11 No. 4-41, Bogota 250051 Colombia
• Gold Museum (Museo del Oro), Carrera 6 No.15-88, Bogota 110321 Colombia
• Eje Ambiental, Bogota Colombia
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regular hand disinfection, antibacterial gel and wet towels for disinfection.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.