Monstour: Discover Danish folk legends on an audio walking tour
The legendary creatures of Danish folklore are more than just the Little Mermaid immortalised by H. C. Andersen. The Danish bestiary also includes such monsters as man-eating trolls, dragons who hoard treasures and fight against bulls, the heraldic wild men depicted on the royal coat of arms and the strange creature known as the ”Sea Bishop”. Even the centre of Copenhagen that draws the most tourists and traffic is haunted by mythical beasts who are seen in statues, reliefs and artwork on buildings.
Yet many of these monsters remain unknown to most visitors. You can, however, now fill this gap in your folkloric knowledge with this self-guided GPS audio tour. Download the HidDenmark Monstour VoiceMap unto your Smartphone. It will guide you on a journey from the Tivoli amusement park over the Copenhagen Stock Exchange to the canals, while narrating how weird tales of strange and terrible beings have shaped the capitol of the country.
per adult from
40 to 180 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this English audio tour
- VoiceMap app for Andriod or iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drinks
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Entry/Admission - Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek
- Entry/Admission - Copenhagen Stock Exchange
- Entry/Admission - Agnete and the Merman (underwater sculpture)
- Entry/Admission - Christiansborg Slot
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tivoli Gardens, Vesterbrogade 3, Copenhagen 1630 Denmark
You start the tour outside the gardens.
Pass By: Copenhagen Central Station, Bernstorffsgade 16, Copenhagen 2004 Denmark
You start the tour outside Copenhagen Central Station
Stop At: Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Dantes Plads 7, Copenhagen 1556 Denmark
The Glyptotek is a large museum consisting of mostly ancient artifacts belonging to the Carlsberg foundation. You'll be exploring the museum's garden.
Duration: 2 minutes
Pass By: Det Kongelige Biblioteks Have, Soren Kierkegaards Plads 1, Copenhagen 1218 Denmark
Walk around the garden outside the library enjoying the scenery.
Pass By: The National Museum of Denmark, Prinsens Palais, Copenhagen 1220 Denmark
Pass by the museum.
Stop At: Copenhagen Stock Exchange, Slotsholmsgade 8, Copenhagen 5700 Denmark
Marvel at the architecture from outside the building.
Duration: 1 minute
Stop At: Agnete and the Merman (underwater sculpture), Hoejbro Bridge Bottom of the Frederiksholm canal, Copenhagen Denmark
You'll end the tour at the bridge next to the sculptures.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Christiansborg Slot, Prins Joergens Gaard 1, Copenhagen 1218 Denmark
You'll stop outside the courtyard of Christiansborg while your guide explains some of the history, myths and legends that surround it.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :Copenhagen Central Station, 22 Reventlovsgade Ved Tivolis Hovedindgang 1577 1577 V, Bernstorffsgade 16, 1577 København, Denmark
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/12/2019 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Agnete and the Mermen Statue, Højbro, København, Denmark
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.