Mont-St-Michel Independent Day Tour with Optional Audio Guide from Paris
Mont St. Michel, or “The Wonder of the West”, is one of France’s top attractions and the most popular destination in Normandy. Our day-trip transports you to this UNESCO World Heritage Site on a comfortable coach ride from Paris, taking in the landscapes of Normandy along the way. As you approach this unique island, you’ll catch your first glimpse of its famous 10th-century gothic abbey. You’ll have four hours to explore at your leisure, with your multi-language audio guide. Wander through the village and its steep streets, visit the abbey with its medieval architecture, hunt out picture-postcard views across the Atlantic, and watch as the tide rises around the island. Don’t forget to taste local, seasonal products in the traditional décor of one of the many eateries. We’ve negotiated preferential offers in several restaurants, as well as discounts in shops and museums. The island is yours to enjoy at your own pace, before you return to Paris by coach.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round-trip transport from Paris by air-conditioned coach
- Audio guide ( if option selected) and recorded commentary in 8 languages (French, English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean)
- Special offers for museums
- Reductions in shops selling "La Mère Poulard"
- Discount flyers at Mont Saint Michel
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Place des Pyramides, Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
Prefer to explore on your own? Arrive by coach and then you’re free to create your own itinerary.
Forget the hassle of train schedules or car rental, just sit back and let us take care of your transport.
Pass By: Palais Garnier, Place de l_Opera entrance at the corner of Scribe and Auber streets, 75009 Paris France
After being picked up in central Paris and traveling in luxury by coach,
Pass By: Office de Tourisme de Caen, 12 Place Saint Pierre, 14000 Caen France
After driving through the amazing French landscape ,you’ll arrive on the Normandy coast relaxed
Pass By: Baie du Mont St Michel, 50170 Mont-Saint-Michel France
Ready to explore the rocky island of Mont St. Michel.
Your driver will give you a brochure full of useful information and tips to make the most of your day.
Stop At: Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel, Bp 22 Au sommet du village, 50170 Mont-Saint-Michel France
Some of the village’s restaurants close mid-afternoon, so consider eating on the earlier side. Then, why not make your way up to the top of the hill (to work off your lunch!) and visit the Benedictine Abbey? Founded when the Bishop of Avranches saw a vision of Archangel Michael in a dream, this pilgrimage site from the Middle Ages features a copper statue of Michael slaying a dragon, the monk’s refectory, cloisters and ramparts.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Fortifications du Mont-Saint-Michel, 50170 Mont-Saint-Michel France
Check out the shops, cafés and museums (with our exclusive discounts) that line the narrow lanes as you stroll back downhill. Look out for observation points where you can observe the tide. During low tide, the island is surrounded by sand, then it’s completely enclosed by water at high tide! At the end of your magical day, you’ll hop back on the coach to return to Paris.
"●Enjoy your independent day-trip from Paris to Mont St. Michel
●Relax on a scenic ride through Normandy by luxury coach
●Discover Mont Saint-Michel at your own pace
●Visit the UNESCO-listed abbey with your entrance ticket
●Stroll through the village’s cobbled lanes
●Enjoy audio commentary on selected points of interest ( if option selected)
●Watch the tide come in and surround the entire island
●Admire the splendid view of the bay
●Benefit from attractive special offers to the museum
●Shop for delicious ""La Mère Poulard"" biscuits at a discount"
By selecting the below option ref MSD, you will have:
• Transport by air-conditioned coach
• Admission to Mont St-MichelBy selecting Audio Guided Mont St Michel ref MSL you will have:
• Audio headsets available in 8 languages (French, English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean)
• Transport by air-conditioned coach
• Admission to Mont St-Michel
Pass By: Mont Saint Michel Tourist Information Center, Lieu-dit Le Bas Pays, Mont-Saint-Michel France
During low tide, the island is surrounded by sand, then it’s completely enclosed by water at high tide! At the end of your magical day, you’ll hop back on the coach to return to Paris.
Pass By: Rouen Normandie Tourisme & Congres, 25 Place de la Cathedrale, 76000, Rouen France
Drive through the French countryside before arriving to the French Capital.
Pass By: Arc de Triomphe, Place Charles de Gaulle, 75008 Paris France
Once in Paris around 8.45/9PM
Pass By: Louvre Museum, 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
You will be dropped back at the departure point.
Pass By: Jardin des Tuileries pl. de la Concorde, rue de Rivoli, 75058 Paris France
We suggest you to have a meal or a drink in the area
Departure Point :2 Rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris, France
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This day trip includes approx. 4 hours at Mont St-Michel; the journey from Paris is between 4 and 5 hours each way
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, including a number of steps and uphill paths to get to the abbey
- Not recommended for anyone with mobility difficulties
- Good walking shoes are recommended
- This tour takes place all year round and in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Return back in Paris around 9:15pm
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Audio guide ( if option selected ) available in: French, English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, German, Chinese,and korean
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.