Montego Bay Shore Excursion: Montego Bay Highlights Heritage Tour
A wonderful experience! Your local Tour Guide will be waiting for you at the "Independent Pickup Area" with a clean, fully air-conditioned bus to take you on great tour! You will be briefed before setting out on your journey to experience the day to day living of local Jamaicans including farmers and farm villages, etc.. The tour takes you through lush green mountains and valleys. There are a lot to see which includes coffee plants, pineapples plants, cashew trees, etc. You might even get to see a climber climbing the tall coconut tree. The tour also includes a brief Montego Bay City Highlights where you will visit our historic Sam Sharp Square, the St. James Parish Church & Richmond Hill Great House. A lunch stop at one of our local jerk chicken and pork restaurant where you can purchase your lunch & souvenir shopping are included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Hill Inn
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sam Sharpe Square, Montego Bay Jamaica
This tour takes you to downtown Montego Bay. Your first 10 minutes stop will be at Sam Sharp Square. This area got its name from a freed slave who carried the same name and who led one of the bloodiest uprising in Jamaica on Christmas day in the year 1831. In this area, there is a statue of Sam Sharp and other slaves who were severely punished in the year 1832 for the Christmas day uprising that took place. Feel free to exit the vehicle and browse around. There is also the "Cage" which was originally constructed from wood in the year 1806. However, it was later reconstructed from bricks. The cage was used as a holding area for runaway Slaves who were held there until they were sent back to their plantations. It was also used as a holding area for vagrants and rowdy seamen who would get drunk and was behaving disorderly.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St James Parish Church, Payne Street, Montego Bay Jamaica
The tour will continue to the St., James Parish Church for a 30 minutes visit. This Anglican Church, built in 1775 is one of the oldest churches in the Montego Bay area. It boasts an amazing architecture and some of the contents ranging back from as far as over 200 years ago. Built to last for centuries, this church is still fully functional as back in the days when it was first constructed. Be sure to read the marble plaques and headstones that displays an array of exquisite poems well wishes written in old English. Feel free to browse around and read the headstones. The church will always accept a contribution at your pleasure.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Richmond Hill Inn, Union Street, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Our next stop will be at Richmond Hill where the elegant Richmond Hill Great House once stood. This colonial style Great House which was destroyed by fire on December 30, 2019 was located 500 feet above the hustle and bustle of Montego Bay City. Built in 1804 by members of the Dewar family, original owners of the Dewars Whisky. This Great House sits strategically on top of a hill in the center of town and is home to several movie scenes including James Bond Movies. Entertainers LL Cool J, Alicia Keys, Eddie Murphy all visited this house. From the Richmond hill you get a panoramic view of the entire city of Montego Bay. The view stretches over 25 miles (40.23 meters) beyond. Before the fire persons could relax by the pool for a moment or just sit by the bar and have a cold red stripe (extra cost). Your tour guide will tell you all about the rich history of Richmond Hill Great House while doing your walk through. All of that is no more however, this is still the best spot to take pictures and feel the fresh mountain air. .
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Craft Market at the Hip Strip, Near Howard Cooke Blvd., Montego Bay Jamaica
The Montego Bay Hip Strip is one of the most active souvenir shopping areas you will find in Jamaica. There is also Duty Free Shopping, Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Starbucks, Usain Bolt's Tracks & Records, Harley Davidson Jamaica, just to name a few of the popular spots. On the Hip Strip you can also find elegant dining and authentic jerk chicken eateries. Most visitors to Montego Bay find the Hip Strip very convenient because of its varieties.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from the Montego Bay Cruise Port. Customers must contact us at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to re-confirm your booking. If for any reason there is a cancelation right before pickup time, the customer is required to contact us at the email or the number provided so that we can make the necessary adjustment.Ports
- Montego Bay
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual. Dress comfortably.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Limited number of wheelchair vehicles available
- Limited number of child seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum number apply: The tour can either be reschedule, upgrade to private or canceled if we do not meet the minimum number of persons required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.