Montego Bay Shore Excursion: ROSEHALL GREAT HOUSE, DOCTORS CAVE BEACH & HILITE
Enjoy a 45 minutes tour of the famous 17 century Rose Hall Great House, once featured in the top ten of the most 'Haunted Houses of the world". See the tomb where the wicked white witch, who loved her three husbands to death, lay. Catch panoramic views of the city of Montego Bay, then visit the tourist 'Hip Strip" to shop and mingle with the locals. Then relax on the white sandy beach of Doctors Cave Beach or swim in its crystal clear mineral waters. Definitely 4 hours well spent!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Round-trip shared transfer
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- • Depart from the pier through the busy Howard Cooke Highway.
• Drive up to Westgate Hills, see the homes of the affluent and wealthy.
• Then drive up to the “High Road” for spectacular views of the ocean and the International Airport
• Visit the famous Rose Hall Great House. This grand estate is the former home of Jamaica's white witch Anne Palmer, a beautiful but feisty English girl who was said to have possessed “black magic” powers. During her reign as mistress of the plantation, Anne did away with two more husbands and countless lovers. Your guided visit includes a tour of the house with its 18th Century decor and antiques. The greatest of Jamaican great houses, the Rose Hall Great House has a story with all the elements of an engaging novel and was featured on the Most Haunted Houses. To conclude this fascinating adventure, you can visit the dungeon, now transformed into a tavern called Anne’s Pub. Many visitors find that the famous rum cocktail, known as “Witches Brew” helps banish the spirits of ghosts or black magic they sense still lingering in the mansion.
• After our visit to the Rose Hall Great House we will travel through Ironshore, a community development of over 5 hundred homes on the outskirts of Montego Bay. See the homes of the affluent and wealthy in our society.
• Then make a shopping stop at the Blue Diamond shopping plaza.
• During our tour, we will take you to panoramic sites high above Montego Bay where you can capture amazing photos of Montego Bay and its surrounding areas. One area we will stop is called Richmond Hill and is famous for its amazing views. Your adventure includes a City Tour of Montego Bay where we will drive through the bustling downtown area.
• We will also venture to the more touristy area of Montego Bay known at the "Hip Strip".
• This is the most famous tourist area in Montego Bay and is home to two famous beach clubs, great shops and bars, and of course the always popular Margaritaville Bar and Restaurant.
• Visit the famous Doctor’s Cave Beach. Swim in the crystal clear mineral waters, or just relax on the beautiful white sands. If you like to shop we will include a stop at the local craft market, where you can bargain with the local vendors. The options are endless! No Meals Included.
Departure Point :Montego Bay Cruise Ship Port
Return Detail :Montego Bay Cruise Ship Terminal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Caribbean World Enterprises