Montepulciano Guided Walking Tour including Nobile Wine Tasting
Treat yourself to a relaxing day exploring the beautiful town of Montepulciano, famous for the wine that shares the same name. Situated on a hill 600 meters above the sea level, it offers beautiful landscapes of green rolling hills, vineyards and olive groves stretching out as far as the eye can see. During the tour we will stop at a local wine cellar to taste some fine wines accompanied by excellent food.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed local guide
- Entrance tickets
- Nobile Wine tasting paired with local products
What's excluded :
- Transport service
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 53045 Montepulciano, Province of Siena, Italy
A local expert guide will accompany you to discover this ancient city, which stayed for many centuries at the centre of the war between Siena and Florence on account of its strategic position, which allowed the control of Valdichiana and Val D’Orcia. You will start your walk along the most characteristic streets of the old town all the way to Piazza Grande, the heart of the city, where you can admire the imposing unfinished facade of the Duomo. Then you’ll continue on Via Ricci, lined with some Renaissance and medieval residences including Palazzo Neri-Orselli, which houses the Civic Museum and the Crociani Art Gallery. Here, accompanied by your guide, you will have the opportunity to admire the numerous art pieces and wonderful works on display. The trip continues with a guided tour of a beautiful historic wine cellar, followed by a tasting of excellent wines and a light lunch based on typical Tuscan products.
After the wine tasting, you will resume your walk outside the city walls towards the slopes of the Montepulciano hill. Here, in the middle of a spacious green lawn, stands the Church of San Biagio, a masterpiece of the Renaissance architecture. Your guide will accompany you on the visit to the church, unveiling details about its history, the splendid frescoes and the complex motifs engraved in the marble.
After parting ways with your friendly guide, you can continue strolling at your own pace through the old town streets, indulging in some shopping or tasting local products and wines that are renowned all over the world.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Porta delle Farine, Via delle Farine, 53045 Montepulciano SI, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Church of San Biagio, Via di S. Biagio, 14, 53045 Montepulciano SI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.