Monteverde Cloud Forest Authentic
This tour is a unique experience which provides visitors with a true cultural understanding. Our philosophy was born from our local Monteverde family who wanted to give clients an exclusive excursion different than conventional tours. We aim to provide our clients with a extraordinary experience by fully immersing them in this vibrant culture. This tour begins with a walk to a hidden Strangler Fig Tree, where there is an option to climb inside of it. Here, we have the chance to meet Capuchin White Face monkeys and Howler monkeys, who are both frequent visitors to the area. After spending time at the tree, we will go towards the upper part of the mountains, passing the original central town of Monteverde. This is where the Quakers settled in the 1950s and founded the cheese factory as well as the Quaker school. We will then catch a ride to an organic coffee farm in the bordering town of San Luis.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Costa Rican Casado
- Coffee and/or Tea - Organic Coffee
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Cafe La Bella Tica
- Entry/Admission - CASEM--Cooperative of Artisans Santa Elena Monteverde
- Entry/Admission - Monteverde Hummingbird Gallery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cafe La Bella Tica, La Finca La Bella Tica, San Luis 60109 Costa Rica
We will catch a ride to an organic coffee farm in the bordering town of San Luis. Once there, the owner of the farm, will give us a tour of his property and present insight on how he manages it. He will talk about the history of San Luis and how he started this organic farm many years ago. After this one-hour coffee tour, we invite you to go inside his home and have a delicious typical Costa Rican lunch prepared by his wife.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: CASEM--Cooperative of Artisans Santa Elena Monteverde, Del Centro de Sta. Elena de la sucursal Banco Nacional 3 km al sur camino a la, Reserva Biologica Bosque Nuboso, Provincia de Puntarenas, Monteverde, Costa Rica
After spending time at the strangler fig tree, we will go towards the upper part of the mountains, passing the original central town of Monteverde. This is where the Quakers settled in the 1950s and founded the cheese factory as well as the Quaker school. Also we will take a look at CASEM the Cooperativa de Artesanas de Santa Elena y Monteverde, established in 1982 by a group of eight women artists. It is a non-profit artisan cooperative dedicated to enhancing the economic and social well-being of local women artists. The CASEM store and workshop, situated within the heart of Monteverde, is a showcase for unique, locally produced handicrafts. These handicrafts include decorative wall hangings, ceramics, clothes, bags, jewelry, toys and wood carvings.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monteverde Hummingbird Gallery, End of the 620 road Just Outside Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, 60109 Costa Rica
The first and primary conservation area established in Monteverde. Founded in 1972, the Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve is among the most famous reserves in the world for its biodiversity, conservation, contributions, and scientific researches.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- We pick you up from any Hotel in the Monteverde area- Exact pickup time depends on pickup location
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.