Monteverde Hanging Bridges Day Trip from San Jose
Explore the lush Cloud Forest of Costa Rica on this Monteverde Day Trip from San Jose. Hike on the best hanging bridges of the country and observe the Cloud Forest up-close. Learn about the interesting jungle’s eco-system and observe Wildlife. Stop in different places on the way to Monteverde to learn about fruits of Costa Rica, in a place where monkeys are normally observed and in a look-out point to take pictures of the Nicoya Gulf and the Monteverde mountainous landscape.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (most San Jose area hotels)
- Professional bilingual guide
- Visits to the Monkeys’ observation place, the largest fruit stand of the country and a look-out point to take pictures
- Entrance Fees
What's excluded :
- Services not specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Orotina, Orotina, Province of Alajuela
Explore the Amazing Cloud Forests of Costa Rica on this Monteverde Tour. Your tour starts in the morning when you get picked up from your San Jose area hotel and you will then travel towards the Northern Part of the country on a very scenic drive, with great views of beautiful mountain ranges, local towns, farms, and the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. On the way to Monteverde, you will also enjoy multiple stops to see most of Costa Rica. Stop briefly at the largest fruit stand of the country, where you will learn about a huge variety of tropical fruits.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Puerto Caldera, Puerto Caldera, Province of Puntarenas
Continue your tour with a stop at Caldera, where you will visit a local house where many white-faced capuchin monkeys are normally observed in the wild at a remarkably close range.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Provincia de Puntarenas, Coyolar, Costa Rica
Take great photos of amazing landscapes on your way up to the Monteverde Mountains, a couple of stops will be made in look-out points where beautiful views of the Nicoya Gulf and the Monteverde Mountain Range can be seen on clear days.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Selvatura, Provincia de Puntarenas, Monteverde, Costa Rica
Once in Monteverde, you will savor a delicious lunch near the town of Santa Elena and then you will proceed to do the amazing hanging bridges tour in the Cloud Forest at Selvatura Park, where you will hike with your guide for about 2-3 hours admiring the beauties of this rare Eco-system and searching for the local wildlife, such as monkeys, emerald toucans, coatimundis, and the rare resplendent quetzal, the most beautiful bird of Costa Rica. This hike is approx. 3 kilometers long (1.9 miles) and it’s done mostly on flat terrain with a few mild climbs. At the end of your hike, admire the amazing hummingbird gallery, where you will be able to observe a large number of species native to the highlands of Costa Rica.
Late in the afternoon, we will take you back to your San Jose hotel or we can take you to your centrally located hotel in Monteverde if you are planning to stay in that area after the tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Drop off in the Monteverde - Santa Elena centrally located hotels is available. If you wish to take this option, you must let us know at the time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.