Monteverde Sky Tram & Hanging Bridges Cloud Forest Tour from San Jose
Explore the lush Cloud Forests of Monteverde on this Full-Day trip from San Jose. Take a ride on the Sky Tram Gondola and get the best views of the Monteverde Mountains and jungles. Hike on the Sky Walk Suspension Bridges and observe the Cloud Forest’s flora and fauna from the top. Walk on the Sky Park Trails and learn about the interesting Cloud Forest Eco-system. Make multiple stops on the way to Monteverde to observe monkeys, learn about tropical fruits of Costa Rica and to take pictures of beautiful landscapes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (most San Jose area hotels)
- Professional bilingual guide
- Visits to the Monkeys’ observation place, the largest fruit stand of the country and a look-out point to take pictures
- Entry/Admission - Sky Adventures Monteverde Park
What's excluded :
- Services not specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Orotina, Orotina, Province of Alajuela
Discover the amazing Cloud Forest of Costa Rica on this Sky Tram and Hanging Bridges tour from San Jose. You will be picked up from your San Jose area hotel in the morning in an air-conditioned vehicle and will travel towards the Central Pacific Region of the country. Enjoy great views of the Costa Rican landscape on this scenic drive, you will get beautiful views of the Pacific coastline, volcanic mountain ranges, farms, forests, and many local towns. On the way to Monteverde, stop in the town of Orotina at the largest fruit stand of the country, where you will learn about the big variety of tropical fruits of the rainforest.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Puerto Caldera, Puerto Caldera, Province of Puntarenas
Later on, stop at the house of the “Monkey Lady”, a place where we normally observe lots of playful white-faced capuchin monkeys in their natural habitat.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Provincia de Puntarenas, Coyolar, Costa Rica
Continue your trip by making a couple stops to take pictures of the beautiful Nicoya Gulf and the impressive mountains of Monteverde, the views are spectacular on clear days.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sky Adventures Monteverde Park, Sky Adventures, Provincia de Puntarenas, Monteverde, 60109, Costa Rica
Savor a delicious Costa Rican lunch after arriving at Monteverde and prepare to ride on the Sky Tram. Cross over the canopy of the Cloud Forest on a gondola ride and learn different aspects of this rare and fragile ecosystem with your expert guide. Then, proceed to hike on the trails and hanging bridges of Sky Walk, from where you will get the best perspective of the Cloud Forest from the top while walking on the bridges and from the ground while walking on the trails. This is a guided hike in which you will learn many interesting aspects of the flora and fauna found in this place, such as monkeys, coatimundis, toucans, the rare Three-wattled Bellbird and the amazing Resplendent Quetzal, the most beautiful bird of Costa Rica. At the end of the Sky Walk hike, you will be taken back to your hotel in San Jose (drop off is also available in the centrally located Monteverde hotels upon request).
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Drop off in the Monteverde - Santa Elena centrally located hotels is available. If you wish to take this option, you must let us know at the time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.