Montezuma Castle - Tuzigoot National Monument Private Luxury Car Tour
This is a private luxury tour, for your party only and is fully customized for your experience! Our experienced guide, will share the legends and history of the indigenous people.Travel with us to Montezuma Castle, Tuzigoot National Monument and with time permitting, Montezuma Well. There is plenty of opportunity for photos! Northern Arizona's Verde Valley is one of the richest archaeological areas on the continent. Peopled by many cultures throughout the millennia, they have left behind an indelible imprint on this landscape.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Montezuma Castle National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Tuzigoot National Monument
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Montezuma Castle National Monument, 2800 Montezuma Castle Hwy, Camp Verde, AZ 86322
Montezuma Castle is situated about 90 feet (27 m) up a sheer limestone cliff, facing the adjacent Beaver Creek, which drains into the perennial Verde River just north of Camp Verde. It is one of the best-preserved cliff dwellings in North America, in part because of its ideal placement in a natural alcove that protects it from exposure to the elements. The precariousness of the dwelling's location and its immense scale - almost 4,000 square feet (370 m2) of floor space across five stories - suggest that the Sinagua were daring builders and skilled engineers. Access into the structure was most likely permitted by a series of portable ladders, which made it difficult for enemy tribes to penetrate the natural defense of the vertical barrier.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tuzigoot National Monument, Tuzigoot Road, Clarkdale, AZ 86324
Tuzigoot National Monument (Yavapai: ʼHaktlakva, Western Apache: Tú Digiz) preserves a 2- to 3-story pueblo ruin on the summit of a limestone and sandstone ridge just east of Clarkdale, Arizona, 120 feet (36 m) above the Verde River floodplain. The Tuzigoot Site is an elongated complex of stone masonry rooms that were built along the spine of a natural outcrop in the Verde Valley. The central rooms stand higher than the others and they appear to have served public functions. The pueblo has 110 rooms. The National Park Service currently administers 58 acres (23 ha), within an authorized boundary of 834 acres (338 ha).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up and return to your hotel or any location you choose, in the Sedona, Arizona or Village of Oak Creek, Arizona area. 2 person minimum.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Passports are not needed.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our vehicles are sanitized between each tour. We have hand sanitizer and masks available for our passengers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.