Montréal Downtown and Underground City Private Walking Tour
This 2-hour, private small-group guided walking tour will lead you not only through the streets of the downtown but beneath through its RÉSO, known by Montrealers as the 'Underground City'. You're small group of no more than 8 will discover that Montréal’s downtown is both the heart of the city and one of its most vibrant and cosmopolitan areas. Accompanied by your guide, discover this effervescent neighborhood and learn about its history with your guide. When passing through the interior city and its tunnels connecting metro stations and buildings which feature nearly 1,700 boutiques, 200 restaurants, universities, movie theaters, apartments, art centers, museums, arena and more, you will come to understand how 500,000 people per-day can go to work, the movies, or even go shopping without having to go outside.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Private walking tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Dorchester Square, 1555 Peel Street, Montreal, Quebec H3A 3L8 Canada
Start your tour outside the Hotel Fairmount Queen Elizabeth near Dorchester Square
Pass By: Sun Life Building (Edifice Sun Life), 1155 Metcalfe, Montreal, Quebec H3B 2V6 Canada
Start exploring Montreal architecture, from modern buildings to several century-old landmarks, including the Sun Life Building
Pass By: Cathedral of Marie-Reine-du-Monde, 1085 de la Cathedrale (René-Lévesque W. and Mansfield), Montreal, Quebec H3B 2V3 Canada
See one of the many churches in Montreal
Pass By: Windsor Station, 1160 de la Gauchetiere St W, Montreal, Quebec H3B 2S2 Canada
See the architecture of Montreal
Pass By: Promenades Cathedrale, 625, rue Ste-Catherine Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H3B 1B7 Canada
From there, admire the many works of art on display from Promenades Cathédrale
Pass By: Place Montreal Trust, 1500 ave. McGill College Niveau 5, Montreal, Quebec H3A 3J5 Canada
See the sights of Place Montréal Trust
Pass By: Complexe Les Ailes, 677, rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H3B 5K4 Canada
Pass through the Complexe Les Ailes.
Pass By: Rue Ste.-Catherine, at Westmount, Montreal, Quebec H2L 2G4 Canada
Stroll along Saint-Catherine Street, among Canada’s most important commercial thoroughfares.
Pass By: Place Ville-Marie, 1 Place, Montreal, Quebec Canada
See the tallest building in Montreal
Pass By: McGill University, 805 Sherbrooke St. W. (At McGill College), Montreal, Quebec H3A 0B9 Canada
See the most famous university in Montreal. Throughout the tour, take advantage of your time with a private guide to ask questions and talk about Montreal's history, people, and top sites, picking up tips for the best places to eat, drink, and explore.
Departure Point :Hotel Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, 900 Boulevard René-Lévesque O, Montréal, QC H3B 4A5, Canada
Return Detail :Montreal, QC, Canada
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Wearing a mask will not be mandatory, but strongly recommended for all visitors. Our guides who are sick, showing COVID-19 related symptoms, awaiting a diagnosis, have been in contact with a probable/confirmed case in the last 14 days or have recently travelled abroad will not be allowed to work.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.