Montreal: Book A Local Host
Your local host will lead you off the tourist trail down a secret network of cobblestoned streets to parts of Montreal your guidebook doesn’t even know about. Learn about the European roots of the city, and discover the unique Québécois food and peculiar shops loved by locals in Plateau and Mile End. Explore markets, where growers, butchers, and fishmongers display their best produce. Relax in the enchanting Mount Royal Park and practice your French as you amble up to one of Montreal’s most popular viewpoints to see the city from above.
Within 24 hours after booking you'll receive a short questionnaire about your personality and interests. Based on your responses, you'll be assigned a like-minded host. Your host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary to help you discover what makes the city unique. You will also agree on a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience, you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
per adult from
3 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalized experience
- 3 to 8 hours with a host
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation costs
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Belvedere Camillien-Houde, Mount Royal, Montreal, Quebec Canada
As a private and personalised experience your host will plan an itinerary to suit your requirements and the time allocated together. You could stop by one of the lookouts on Mont-Royal and admire the city from above.
Pass By: Dieu du Ciel, 29 West Laurier Ave, Montreal, Quebec H2T 2N2 Canada
Craft brews lovers are spoiled with choice in Montreal, you could let your host recommend you his favourite one!
Pass By: Librairie Drawn & Quarterly, 211 & 176 Rue Bernard Quest, Montreal, Quebec H2T 2K2 Canada
This is a truly hidden gem loved by locals who are passionate about Canadian and international comics. If this tickles your fancy it can be added to your experience.
Pass By: Jean-Talon Market, 7070 Henri-Julien Avenue three street corners from Jean Talon Metro Station, Montreal, Quebec H2S 3S3 Canada
You can visit a farmers market going back to 1933, you can find here a variety of local growers, fishmongers, butchers, bakers, restaurants and grocers.
Pass By: Little Italy, Little Italy, Montreal, Quebec
In this charming residential neighborhood you’ll be able to find old-school cafes, pizzerias, one of the best Italian grocery stores in North America and traditional bakeries should you choose to add it to your itinerary
Pass By: Mile-End, Montreal, Quebec Canada
In this hip, laid-back area with an artsy vibe and multicultural roots, you can find some of the best old-school bagel shops.
Pass By: Old Port of Montreal, De la Commune West, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2E2 Canada
Vieux-Port was used as early as 1611 by French fur traders. Should you choose you can catch a bite to eat, walk, cycle, rollerblade, and rent a pedalo or quadricycle, to name just a few of the activities Vieux-Port offers.
Departure Point :Montreal, QC, Canada
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Montreal BookLocalHost: 3HRS 9/11/2020 - 12/31/2023
Montreal BookLocalHost: 4HRS 9/11/2020 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Montreal BookLocalHost: 8HRS 9/11/2020 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Montreal BookLocalHost: 6HRS 9/11/2020 - 12/31/2023
Monday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Sunday: 08:30 AM - 08:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.