Montsacopa: An audio tour in the Volcano in the Centre of the City
Do you want to walk in the crater of a volcano? Do you want to touch volcanic rocks? You can if you join me on this self guided audio tour through La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone National Park, in the centre of the Catalan city of Olot. I’ll let you in on Volcà del Montsacopa’s secrets along the way. Did you know that the wider region has 40 volcanoes and more than 20 lava flows?
We’ll follow a historical trail around the cater to the two watchtowers at the top and the church inside the crater itself. You’ll be rewarded with amazing 360º views of the area as you wind your way around the crater.
I’ll point out the Pyrenees mountain range and the great green valleys of Olot as you go, and tell you:
• Why there are so many volcanoes at La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone National Park
• What happened during the last eruption here about 100 000 years ago
• Why there are so many vegetable gardens around the volcano
• Why there is a church in the volcano crater
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Volcan de Montsacopa, Olot Spain
The tour takes you around the Montsacopa Volcano and lasts about 60 minutes.
Departure Point :Volcà del Montsacopa, 17800 Olot, Girona, Spain
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/9/2020 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.