Montserrat Full Day & Santa Cecilia Monastery - English only
Discover two of the most mystic Catalan wonders on our full day tour.
See the Black Madonna known as La Moreneta in the Basilica of Montserrat. Enjoy an exclusive visit of the sacristy by the hand of a local guide and imagine the many lives lived by the monks at the site through the centuries. Finally, you will visit the exclusive Santa Cecilia monastery and enjoy an audio guided tour of the same!
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bilingual official guide
- Tasting of 4 typical liquors handmade by the monks of the monastery
- Radio guide system
- Exclusive entrance to the Sacristy
- Entrance to the audio visual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audio visual Montserrat”
- 20% off in the Sant Joan Funicular ticket.
- 10% off in the Museum entrance fee.
- 10% off in the buffet restaurant at the “Mirador dels Apostols”.
- Admission ticket in the Montserrat museum (if option selected).
- Exclusive entrance to Santa Cecilia monastery
- Entry/Admission - Abadia de Montserrat
- Entry/Admission - Montserrat Museum
- Entry/Admission - Santa Cecilia de Montserrat and Sean Scully Art Space
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (other than specified)
- Ticket of the funicular
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abadia de Montserrat, Carretera BP-1121 S/N, 08199 Montserrat Spain
You will start with a walking tour in which you will have an introduction about the monastery and the history of the mountain. Due to the legend of the Madonna, the mountain has been linked with spirituality. Besides the main monastery of Santa María de Montserrat, there is a great number of small churches and chapels, some of them abandoned. The main monastery stands at 720 meters above sea level. Nowadays there is a community of 80 monks that live there and follow the rule of Saint Benedict.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Montana de Montserrat, 08199 Montserrat Spain
Later, you will take a short walk to the viewpoint of “la Creu de Sant Miquel”, where you will be able to admire one of the most impressive panoramic views of the mountain and the monastery
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Escolania de Montserrat, Spain
Later we will attend to the performance of the chorus (subject to their schedule), which is one of the oldest boys’ choir in Europe, to finish later with the guided visit in the Sacristy
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Montserrat Museum, Montserrat Spain
After the guided tour you will be given about 3 hours of free time. Then, you can shop for locally produced treats, have lunch, visit the audio visual exhibition, visit the museum (if option selected) or taste the finest liquors made in the region. Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can hike to.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Santa Cecilia de Montserrat and Sean Scully Art Space, BP 1103 Km 5,4, Montserrat Spain
Join your guide back again around 3PM for the second part of the visit, an exclusive guided tour of the Sacristy. Back on the bus we will drive to Santa Cecilia, first monastery built in the mountain. This construction is located in a privileged and peaceful natural terrace with breathtaking views of the peaks. Enjoy the artistic intervention of the Irish painter Sean Scully and be amazed by its fusion of Christian and avant-garde artworks.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Carrer de Balmes, 5, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants travel free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Note that the children's choir performance is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
- Proper dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- Please be aware that some walking is included on this tour. Please come prepared. We recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- At Montserrat is a mountainous climate. Depending on the season you will need clothes to protect you from the rain and/or cold
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Queues to see the Black Madonna may occur depending on season.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.