Montserrat Hiking and Monastery Visit
Come hiking through the unique environment of the Montserrat Mountain Natural Park , visit the Benedictine Abbey and listen to the famous choir of children "the Escolanía de Montserrat".
We will start the day visiting the Benedictine Abbey of Santa María de Montserrat and discovering its incredible history.
Next, we will prepare and start our route through the unique rock formations.
From the top of Montserrat, we will enjoy incredible panoramic views while we eat a typical Catalan sandwich before going down to listen to the famous choir of children "La Escolanía de Montserrat" (from Monday to Friday).
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport in van with air conditioning.
- Professional multilingual guide.
- Typical Catalan snack.
- Water bottle.
What's excluded :
- Tip for the guide (optional).
- Pick up outside the meeting point.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Other snacks and / or drinks during the tour.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Montserrat, Montserrat, Catalonia
Start: 8:00 a.m.
After half an hour of traveling in an air-conditioned van, we will arrive in Montserrat and start the day by visiting the Benedictine Abbey and discovering its incredible history.
"Montserrat" literally means "serrated mountain" in Catalan due to its rock formation in the shape of needles. Montserrat is well known for housing the Benedictine abbey, Santa María de Montserrat, which contains the famous Madre de Dios Negra 'La Moreneta'.
Once visited the abbey, we will prepare and start our route from the monastery. The pleasant path passes through the needle-shaped rock formations and offers many natural viewpoints with stunning views over the abbey and surrounding forests.
We will continue to the highest point of our route, from where we will have 360 degree views over the mountain and on clear days we can even see the Pyrenees.
After admiring the great landscapes, taking some photos and eating a delicious typical Catalan sandwich we will start to descend a path through the mountain forests that will take us back to the abbey, where we will hear the famous choir singing of children "the Escolanía de Montserrat" (from Monday to Friday).
End: 2:30 pm.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.