Monturaqui Meteor Crater Private Tour
Reaching this crater is a journey that you must do with people who generate confidence and a spirit of adventure. Once there you feel the immensity of the place, of the land in its infinite colors and away from towns and people which gives a unique feeling of tranquility.
Due to its location and altitude, it has a privileged panoramic view of the Andean massif to the east and the Salar de Atacama to the north. The gorges near the crater present a great variety of highland flora that contribute to its scenic beauty.
A wonder, recommended to have a unique and unforgettable experience in the Atacama desert.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - Lunch is a picnic lunch, which includes 2 Mediterranean style sandwhich.
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monturaqui, Antofagasta, Chile
We start from your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama at 8:00 am, where we will arrive at approximately 11:00 am to the area where the crater is located. The tour begins by the crater rim with an explanatory talk about its formation, then we will carry out a search for the impactites, these are the rocks that are produced due to the energy generated by the meteorite collision, we will finish this activity at approximately 13:00 pm, where we will share our experiences during lunch on the edge of the crater.
We begin the return at 14:00 pm thus concluding the expedition at approximately 5:00 pm.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/13/2020 - 10/24/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.