Monument Valley Extended Backcountry Tour
The Extended backcountry tour offers all Highlight stops and additional stops that are not covered in the regular backcountry tour. Spend more time with your Navajo guide and indulge in an experience that uncovers the secrets, myths, and legends of the Navajo Culture. Navigate through 28 miles of Monument Valley's Finest spectacles where movies, commercials, and performances were made. Enjoy the luxury of exploring areas that are off-limits to normal travelers; and listen and watch your guide bring the monuments to life through its history, story telling, and live performances. Enjoy a visit to a local Navajo Hogan and watch a demonstration of the art of Navajo Rug Weaving. Behind the breathtaking Mesas, Buttes, Spires, and Arches there are hidden stories waiting to be told.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Certified Navajo Guide
- Bottled water
- Pick-up & Drop-off at View Hotel Lobby
- Pick-up & Drop-off from KOA campground (MUST CALL FOR DEPARTURE TIME)
What's excluded :
- Pick-up from KOA is for KOA customers only
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, US Highway 160 & US Hwy 163, Monument Valley, UT 84536
Scenic Stop 1- West & East Mitten View
Scenic Stop 2- Elephant Butte
Scenic Stop 3- John Ford's Point
Scenic Stop 4- Navajo Hogan Visit & Navajo rug weaving demonstration.
Scenic Stop 5- Big Hogan Arch, Moccasin Arch & Live Performance
Scenic Stop 6- Sun's Eye & Anasazi Petroglyphs/Ruins
Scenic Stop 7- Ear of the Wind Arch
Scenic Stop 8- Echo Cave Ruin
Scenic Stop 9- The Totem Pole Monument & Sand Springs
Scenic Stop 10- Artist's Point & Spearhead Mesa
Scenic Stop 11- North Window
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :1: The View Hotel, Indian Rte 42, Oljato-Monument Valley, AZ 84536, USA
2: Monument Valley KOA Journey, Milepost 2, US-163, Oljato-Monument Valley, UT 84536, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- GROUP TOURS ONLY. Private tours can be arranged.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- We are on Mountain Standard Time (UT). Daylight savings time is observed.
- Groups must dress appropriate to weather conditions.
- Group Tours may be CANCELLED due to untolerable weather conditions. Rescheduling tours and full refunds will be offered.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.