Moorilla Wine Meets Mona Art Day Trip
Wine, art and food. The perfect day out at Mona and Moorilla.
Mona is Australia’s largest privately-owned gallery and museum, exhibiting everything from ancient Egyptian mummies and modernist masterpieces to a word waterfall.
The Mona site—set on the River Derwent—is also home to the Moorilla winery and vineyard, bars, a restaurant and more.
Start your day trip by sailing from Hobart to Mona on their high-speed ferry, complete with onboard bars. Ferry departs at 9.15am (11:15am on request).
Your self-guided exploration of the galleries begins with an introduction to Mona’s “O” device by a gallery attendant.
At 2pm, enjoy a one-course lunch of seasonal local produce, matched with a glass of wine from Moorilla.
After lunch you’ll begin your behind-the-scenes tour of Moorilla vineyard at 3.30pm. Taste up to ten different wines.
Includes 5pm return ferry transfer.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Main course with matched wine
- Tutored wine tasting
- Museum Entry
- Return ferry travel
- Guided vineyard tour
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Old and New Art (Mona)
- Entry/Admission - Moorilla Estate Winery
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Old and New Art (Mona), 655 Main Rd Moorilla Estate, Berriedale, Glenorchy, Tasmania 7011 Australia
Mona, the Museum of Old and New Art, is Australia's largest privately-owned gallery and museum. Showcasing the diverse collection of its owner, Tasmanian gambler and maths nerd David Walsh, Mona exhibits everything from ancient Egyptian funerary objects and modernist masterpieces to a word waterfall and a machine that mimics the human digestive system.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Moorilla Estate Winery, 655 Main Rd, Berriedale, Glenorchy, Tasmania 7011 Australia
Cool climate wines at Tasmania’s second-oldest vineyard and state-of-the-art winery.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :12 Franklin Whrf, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- The site is accessible. Please consult with staff to seek alternatives to stair access.
- A moderate amount of walking is required.
- Most travelers can participate
- You will be visiting an operational winery. Practical, closed toe footwear is recommended.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.